Supervisor Life Skills Curriculum
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Designs, implements, and evaluates Life Skills training
materials in an interactive manner that appeals to a variety of
learning styles. Provides oversight to Life Skills Specialists.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Designs, implements, and evaluates
Life Skills training materials
- Designs, develops, maintains, and supports implementation of
current and new Life Skills training materials
- Develops and distributes improved learning material to all Life
Skills training within the organization, adapting when needed to
affiliate sites requirements.
- Develops testing tools to measure and assess effectiveness of
the curriculum and learner performance, integrating results into
new and existing course curriculum
- Coordinates the digital transformation of Life Skills
curriculum and dissemination to affiliate sites and community when
- Collaborate with school on college and career readiness and
personal finance curricula. Assumes supervisory and administrative
responsibility for Life Skills Training.
- Supervises Life Skills Curriculum Specialist coordinate, plan
and ensure the advanced and applied life skills curriculum classes
are conducted effectively.
- Supervises Life Skills Curriculum Specialist in developing,
monitoring, and reviewing senior planning process, Advanced and
Applied Life Skills, as well as Affiliate Site life skills
- Supervises and provides assessment of staff problems and
develops strategies to solve them.
- Acts as an advocate for Young adults.
- Monitors and ensures that records and documentation, including,
manuals, forms, reports, narratives, outcome measures, and
demographics, are completed appropriately and on time. KNOWLEDGE,
SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to create, write, and disseminate training curricula
for all learning styles and levels.
- Ability to translate curricula into digital form
- Ability to comfortably utilize a collaborative approach to
teaching and learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including
the ability to explain complex material translated into usable form
to educate and improve life skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with diverse
groups of people. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or a related field
- Minimum of 3 of experience in curriculum development,
implementation and oversight required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management and supervisory
- Available to work flexible hours, including evenings and
weekends required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Masters preferred.
- Experience in working with children and families in
community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred. About
Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for
children and families since 1917. With over a century of service,
our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in
downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child
and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of
Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched
out into the health care and research fields, offering even more
career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys
Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to
making the world a better place for children, families, patients,
and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their
families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Supervisor Life Skills Curriculum, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...