Student Nutrition Services Worker - OPS - Part Time
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Job Title: Student Nutrition Services Worker - OPS Location -
TBD MINIMUM JOB RELATED QUALIFICATIONS
- Must be at least 16 years of age
- Current enrollment in an OPS high school setting
- Demonstrate proficiency of the English language to read and
communicate with others
- Demonstrate good attendance record in school QUALIFICATIONS
- Evidence of sensitivity and respect for others
- Ability to communicate with others in a courteous, professional
- Ability to apply simple understanding to carry out detailed but
basic written and/or oral instructions
- Ability to read and use information from written materials and
- Ability to lift and/or move and reposition objects and
- Ability to bend, kneel, stoop and maintain balance while
performing job related tasks
- Ability to work in standing/walking positions on a constant
basis throughout the work shift OTHER INFORMATIONLocation: Varies
Reports to: School Cafeteria Manager and Principal, and Executive
Director of Nutrition ServicesWork Schedule: Varies Salary: minimum
wageHours to Work: daytime and weekdays 0-19 Hours Per Week Job
Code: CAFESalary Plan: HBB/59W/Step 1 RESPONSIBILITIES AND SPECIFIC
DUTIES Primary responsibilities include
- Assisting with serving lunch under direction of the Cafeteria
- Assisting with replenishing the serving lines and condiment
- Assisting in dish machine and performing tasks related to
- May be asked to perform tasks in other areas of kitchen such as
washing tables and putting away clean kitchen utensils.
- Arrive on time for scheduled duty hours.
- Practice good personal hygiene habits to include: clean clothes
daily, clean hair daily, hands free of any cuts or open sores, no
facial hair, clean nails no longer than 1/8 of an inch, no nail
polish permitted, proper shoes that cover the entire foot area and
socks, no jewelry such as watches, rings and or bracelets and large
- Hair must be completely covered and secured under your hairnet.
Hair nets are provided, and must be worn. If student worker has any
facial hair it is mandatory they wear a beard guard while on
- Double hand wash before beginning your shift and after your
hair net has been put on to cover your hair.
- Demonstrate ability to understand and follow all directions
- Responsible to follow all safety procedures while working in
kitchen. Horseplay will not be tolerated at any time.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate with kitchen staff,
school visitors, administrators and other students in a
professional manner at all times.
- Follows oral and written directions accurately
- Maximum weekly work schedule allowed 10 hours per week. NOTE:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Student Nutrition Services Worker - OPS - Part Time, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...