Deposit Operations Specialist I
Company: American National Bank
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Deposit Operations Specialist I With history dating back to
1856, American National Bank is one of the largest privately owned
banks in the region with locations in Nebraska, Iowa and Minnesota.
We believe in doing. By joining forces with local businesses,
charitable organizations and our team members, we are proud to be
part of the momentum that keeps the community around us building
and growing. Together we can be the catalyst for making great
things happen. Join our company to be a part of this inspirational
movement and learn how we can grow your career. Together, we can do
more for your future At American National Bank, we provide our team
members with comprehensive benefits to do more for you and your
family. We offer:
- Competitive base compensation with additional performance-based
annual earning potential
- Career growth potential built into every role
- 401(k) Investment Plan with up to 4% match by ANB with
immediate vesting and profit sharing
- No cost Life Insurance with benefit 2x base salary (subject to
cap), with ability to purchase additional coverage
- Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays and Paid Volunteer Time
- Medical Insurance with signification premium contribution by
ANB, with Wellness Plan Support
- Dental Insurance with significant premium contribution by
- Additional Insurance options to meet personal needs: Vision,
Pet Care, Critical Illness, Accident, Income, and Identity Theft
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Gym Membership Reimbursement
- Discounts on Banking and Financial needs Eligibility Criteria
Apply Job Summary This position is responsible for a wide range of
duties that support the branches and other lines of business in
their efforts to provide accurate, prompt, and courteous service to
their customers. A Deposit Operations Specialist manages the
processing of daily deposit activities, verifying and validating
transactions, reconciling various accounts, and issuing
corrections. In performing the duties described below, the Deposit
Operations Specialist is expected to follow established internal
control procedures to minimize the Bank s risk of loss, and comply
with all federal, state, and local regulatory rules and regulations
governing financial institutions. Responsible for timely completion
of required training application to the position and regular and
effective application of such training in the performance of the
position. Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Research and resolve unposted transactions, exception items,
stop payment suspects, return items, large dollar notifications,
and large item review.
- Ensures that ACH returns and corrections are processed
according to NACHA rules.
- Indexing documents into our core imaging system.
- Key and balance item entry / proof work.
- Reconcile and research outstanding items on internal and
correspondent accounts, including teller cash.
- Research and process bank adjustments or encoding errors in a
- Process customer lockbox deposits received, customer loan
payments, and loan payoffs received via the US Post Office.
- Review and analyze checks, deposits, and incoming ACH items in
fraud software Verafin. Work with Operations and BSA on potential
issues or concerns.
- Maintains and handles all confidential matters and information.
Experience and Education
- 2+ years of previous banking operations experience, preferably
with at least 1 year in accounting or deposit operations.
- Previous experience or training on ITI or Jack Henry core
banking systems preferred.
- High school graduate or equivalent; some college or degree is
- ACH or Check certification a plus.
- Microsoft Word, Excel and Access knowledge preferred.
- Knowledge of accounting concepts and procedures and banking
- Ability to work under time constraints with little or no
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic and ability to handle
high pressure situations.
- Produce a high volume of work, in a fast-paced, team
environment, meeting deadlines and with the ability to manage
multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Good analytical skills with ability to problem solve with
excellent attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Strong organization skills, ability to work as part of a
- Ability to communicate with customers and co-workers in a
courteous and professional manner.
- Must be willing to do repetitive work and have a willingness to
- Proficiency operating various office equipment required.
Keywords: American National Bank, Omaha , Deposit Operations Specialist I, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...