Awake Overnight Staff
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Monitors youth to provide a safe environment overnight. MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Provides a safe environment through
effective monitoring of the youth and the physical property during
- Works collaboratively with administration in coordinating,
prioritizing, and completing duties and consistently adheres to the
- Maintains a communications network and harmonious working
relationship with program staff.
- Documents objective observations of overnight youth activity;
records, updates and enters significant information and incidents
in required format.
- Carries out assigned tasks, within the scope of training and
abilities as directed by the supervisor.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a
safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert and
circulating between various locations.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through
monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of
scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner
while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality and to build
and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining
procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Strong knowledge of Boys Town Model. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of 21 years of age required.
- Available to work flexible hours required.
- Must possess a valid drivers' license with a good driving
record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Post-secondary education is preferred. About Boys Town: Boys
Town has been changing the way America cares for children and
families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees
have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's
mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making
the world a better place for children, families, patients, and
communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families
include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions
under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting
resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Awake Overnight Staff, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...