Boiler Operator - Nights
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
In a career as a Boiler Operator or a Stationary Engineer, your
behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our
mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children
and their families around the United States, which means that we
need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently.
No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us
change the future of America's youth. $3,000 Hiring Bonus!
Schedule: Tuesday Saturday, 11 p.m. 7 a.m. and on call rotation.
$24-27/hour depending on education/experience.Responsibilities:
- Performs Power Plant operation and maintenance activities.
- Operates and maintains stationary and mechanical engines
including centrifugal chillers.
- Performs preventative maintenance duties for power plant
systems, and repairs, removes, and installs plumbing fittings and
- Responds to service orders, determines appropriate repairs, and
completes maintenance reports, reviews and updates maintenance
- Maintains effective and efficient operation of the boilers for
organizational heating operations, maintains proper fuel levels for
the boiler operation, and prepares boiler for annual state
- Maintains charts and daily logs of operations; prepares reports
regarding fuel and water usage.
- Assists in completing administrative duties, ensures accuracy
of master on-call list, and recommends improvements to production
methods, working conditions, and use of equipment.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle or own vehicle to complete work
duties. Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent; vocational training is
- 2 to 3 years of experience including 1-year actual operating
- City of Omaha Third Grade Stationary Engineer License.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to
provide support and may work evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must possess a valid drivers license with a good driving record
and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. About
Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for
children and families since 1917. With over a century of service,
our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in
downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child
and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of
Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched
out into the health care and research fields, offering even more
career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys
Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to
making the world a better place for children, families, patients,
and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their
families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Boiler Operator - Nights, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...