Posted on: March 20, 2023
Position Title : Transit Planner
Reporting to the Senior Manager of Planning & Scheduling, the
Transit Planner is responsible for short-range service planning,
route performance analysis, implementation of service changes, and
project management, including communication and coordination with
internal / external stakeholders impacted by planning efforts.
Schedule: Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. Occasional evenings
Pay: Depends on qualifications. ($55,000 - $80,000)
Union Status: Non-represented
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works as a project manager and with staff to develop and
implement planning / service development strategic plans and
- Conducts service planning and monitoring, scheduling, data
collection and analysis for key performance indicator (KPI)
monitoring, National Transit Database (NTD) reporting, and other
aspects of transit service planning.
- Reviews, analyzes and recommends changes to fixed-route
services to improve productivity and performance.
- Develops and coordinates planning and implementation activities
with affected local jurisdictions and other agencies.
- Represents Metro on various committees; provides presentations
on projects, initiatives, and services and addresses questions and
concerns through direct responses, public engagement, and
stakeholder relationship management.
- Manages communication and coordination of activities among
staff, consultants, other governmental agencies, elected officials,
stakeholders, and the public during the various phases of assigned
- Maintains awareness of new trends and developments in the
fields related to area of assignment; incorporates new developments
as appropriate; ensures accountability and compliance with all
current and applicable state and federal laws, Agency policies and
procedures, rules and regulations.
- Actively collaborates and maintains frequent communication and
coordination with other departments to pursue Metro's goals and
- Fosters a positive working environment to reduce absenteeism
and attrition; contributes to a culture of diversity, equity, and
inclusion; and integrates sustainability into everyday business
practices and planning efforts.
- Regular and predictable attendance and performance of essential
- Other related duties and special projects as assigned. MINIMUM
- Bachelor's Degree in planning, urban studies, public
administration, or related field.
- Two years of related experience . An equivalent combination of
education and experience will be considered.
- Strong communication skills including technical writing, oral
presentation, and active listening skills.
- Experience with computer-based planning and scheduling systems
and Microsoft Office Suite programs for spreadsheets, databases,
and word processing.
- Possess and maintain a valid driver's license and meet Metro's
- Ability to pass physical, back screen and drug screen, and
complete background check. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's Degree from an accredited college or university in a
field related to the area of assignment.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of transit service
planning and scheduling
- Transportation planning experience within a public transit
- Experience effectively engaging with community leaders and the
public, including low-income & minority individuals, non-native
English speakers, and individuals with a disability.
- Written and spoken proficiency in English and Spanish to assist
Metro in complying with the Federal Transit Authority s (FTA) Title
VI regulations for language access.
- Experience with Adobe Illustrator & Photoshop Metro considers
applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, sex,
ethnicity, national origin, religion, gender, age, pregnancy,
marital status, veteran s status, sexual orientation, genetic
information, disability, or any other protected basis prohibited by
An Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Keywords: Metro, Omaha , Transit Planner, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...