Security Officer 2st Shift
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Monitors and ensures safety conditions within Boys Town
Second Shift/East Hospital Hiring Bonus: $1000.00 MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Makes regular interior and exterior patrols of Boys Town
properties/buildings by walking and/or utilizing tour tracking
systems to ensure security and safety standards are met and
maintained as directed by local policy, post orders, and applicable
regulations. Checks designated areas to detect security violations.
Secures doors and windows and monitors for intruders and other
- Observes and reports maintenance needs. Investigates and
reports incidents involving personal injury, property damage,
theft, and/or vandalism occurring on property or areas under
jurisdiction and completes the designated reports. Communicates
with Police Department to report unusual and unsafe
- Investigates security alarms and fire alarms. Contacts
appropriate staff in response to computer room alarms. Assists
staff and guests to shelter in the event of severe weather
warnings. Executes evacuation plan in response to fire alarm
- Renders routine security assistance to all personnel, i.e.,
employees, patients and visitors. Escorts personnel to and from
vehicles as requested.
- Responds to emergency calls, to include Code 10s in the PRTF,
by utilizing the nationally recognized personal restraint training
model for assistance and taking the appropriate actions. Confronts
- Completes security reports and documentation of appropriate
- Responsible to clearly, forcefully, and accurately announce
overhead emergency management drills and real events following
established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to complete requirements of
- Maintains building access by greeting visitors and completing
check in procedures to ensure that security procedures are
followed, and that visitors are familiar with and adhere to visitor
procedures. Coordinates visitor escorts. Issues various keys as
well as parking decals to employees and/or contractors.
- Performs receptionist duties until the building closes; answers
and directs incoming telephone calls. Gives direction to visitors
- Acts as a point-of-contact for building maintenance and
housekeeping issues and ensures professional appearance of lobby
and reception area. Assists with keeping the property entrances
free of trash. Enforces the 'Tobacco Free' Campus policy.
- Schedules and completes quarterly safety drills.
- Performs general administrative and clerical duties including
answering phones, mail distribution, typing correspondence, and
data entry. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to promote and maintain excellent public relations with
patients, visitors and all employees and maintain
- Ability to quickly assess situations and respond
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task
while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to detect, respond, and report all unsafe conditions
accordingly, as needed.
- Ability to perform physical restraints, such as Code 10's, or
if staff or public safety is threatened according to Safe Crisis
- Ability to operate a battery jump pack to assist in starting
- Safe and urgent handling of time sensitive mail items that
include lifesaving medications in a timely manner. REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving
record, and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR)
- Ability to work rotating shifts; including evenings, weekends,
holidays, and overtime as needed required.
- Ability to complete and maintain certification in the
nationally recognized personal restraint training model (SCM Tier
I) within 60 days of hire required.
- Ability to complete and maintain BLS (CPR) certification within
90 days of hire required.
- Ability to work at multiple Boys Town property locations
required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of six months including administrative work experience
- Minimum of one year experience in Security, Military, or Law
Enforcement preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing
the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With
over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a
small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the
largest national child and family care organizations in the
country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital
in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and
research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those
looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our supporters
when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are
proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for
children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys
Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town
physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan,
tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and
professional development opportunities within the organization,
just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job,
it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the general
nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an
equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , Security Officer 2st Shift, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...