Day School Interventionist
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Provides administrative intervention for students with
behavioral problems and ensures school safety. MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Provides administrative intervention for
students utilizing a behavioral approach to promote learning.
- Receives students from classrooms or office whenever necessary
to address behavioral or attendance problems and de-escalates
inappropriate behavior utilizing prescribed administrative
- Supervises hallways and areas of student movement during class
breaks and before and after school; supervises in-school
suspension, mediation essays, and other office consequences.
- Ensures safety by coordinating the repair of faulty equipment
and facilities with the Maintenance Department and supervising fire
drills and other school emergency procedures.
- Assumes responsibility for the academic and social skills
growth of each student; cares for student health and well-being
during the school day.
- Monitors student progress, oversees field trips, and provides
positive reinforcement to students to foster and maintain
improvements in behavior.
- Communicates with other professionals regarding individual
student needs and progress; provides consultation to
Family-Teachers, parents or guardians, and school staff regarding
student behavior and consequences.
- Prepares quarterly reports for homework and office referrals.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to successfully teach and present behavior skills and
material to students.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner
while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining
procedural and regulatory integrity. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Previous experience including experience with learning disabled
or behaviorally impaired learners required. PREFERRED
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred. About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and
families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees
have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha,
Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care
organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town
National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into
the health care and research fields, offering even more career
opportunities to those looking to make a real difference. Our
employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's
mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making
the world a better place for children, families, patients, and
communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families
include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions
under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting
resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Day School Interventionist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...