Part Time Crisis Support Specialist
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Provides crisis counseling in response to inbound and outbound
contacts and demonstrates proficient verbal and written
communication whether by telephone, email, chat, text, or other
forms of web-based or other electronic communication formats.
HIRING BONUS OF $1000 - $3000 (determined by shift) MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES: Determines urgency and nature of contact
and provides appropriate short term crisis counseling or resource
information, problem solving techniques, and advice.
- Assesses immediate and long-term safety of the client to
determine further actions; utilizes professional judgment to
respond appropriately to situational needs.
- Assesses need of each client through basic counseling
techniques such as questioning, paraphrasing, and reflective
listening; follows questioning guidelines and pays attention to
what the client is and is not saying.
- Remains calm and objective during life-threatening situations,
enlists support of senior staff as needed for difficult calls, and
makes joint decisions about further action.
- Provides helpful information to clients, including parenting
skills and problem solving, and walks client through steps so
client arrives at a solution.
- Utilizes internal database to access local service referrals
- Follows established procedures in handling each category of
request and utilizes judgment within each situation.
- Provides referrals to clients whose needs are not within the
scope of services.
- Documents details and information given within the course of
the contact and provides reports as needed.
- Responds to Helpline overflow contacts transferring to
appropriate departments as necessary. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth
- High level of interpersonal, critical thinking, and
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office, or other related programs,
and web-based or other electronic communication formats.
- Ability to communicate verbally in an articulate, professional
manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality and
- Ability to communicate in writing in an articulate,
professional manner via email, chat, text, and other forms of
web-based or other electronic communication formats, utilizing
proper grammar, spelling, and punctuation while maintaining
necessary degree of confidentiality and appropriate content.
- Ability to accurately and proficiently communicate (for
example, typing or texting) in web-based or other electronic
communication formats, and to effectively communicate in writing at
a high rate of speed.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful,
- Ability to type or text accurately and proficiently at a high
rate of speed.
- Ability to quickly assess situations, make decisions in
sensitive and sometimes critical areas, and adapt responses to
situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Social or Behavioral Sciences is
preferred. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be
higher based on contract requirements.
- Previous crisis intervention or hotline experience preferred.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares
for children and families since 1917. With over a century of
service, our employees have helped us grow from a small
boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest
national child and family care organizations in the country. With
the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our
services branched out into the health care and research fields,
offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a
real difference. Our employees are our supporters when it comes to
achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their
commitment to making the world a better place for children,
families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town
employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town
physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan,
tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and
professional development opportunities within the organization,
just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job,
it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the general
nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive
list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an
equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the
E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Part Time Crisis Support Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...