1279 - Research Assistant I
Company: Boys Town
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Works on various phases of research studies being performed,
including data entry and analysis, equipment calibration,
preparation of solutions, ordering of supplies, and
scheduling/recruiting human subjects for study activities. Duties
will vary widely depending on the type of laboratory assigned and
research being performed. SCHEDULE: Part-Time, 10 hours/week.
Flexible hours, may include evening and weekend hours MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Assists in the preparation of stimuli and development of
appropriate test procedures.
- Assists in research tool preparation, data collection, and
procedures in research studies which may include animals, human
- Maintains a detailed record of test conditions and
- Assists in the calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Assists in the development of software for data collection and
- Assists in the design, construction, and maintenance of
electronic devices used in laboratories, including PCs, audio
equipment, and special purpose interfaces.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research
studies using human subjects.
- Uses computers to analyze and plot results of experiments.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to apply knowledge gained through coursework in
psychology, speech and hearing, biology, chemistry, physics, and/or
- Ability to operate and calibrate lab equipment and other
- Ability to operate a personal computer and audio
- Ability to apply math aptitude in order to perform data
analyses and generate results.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Job requires interpersonal skills, close attention to details,
math aptitude, and flexibility in duties performed. REQUIRED
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum of one year of college coursework or equivalent
- Based on area of assignment, bilingual skills may be required.
- Coursework with an emphasis in psychology, speech and hearing,
biology, chemistry, physics, computer science, or a research
related area is preferred. About Boys Town: Boys Town has been
changing the way America cares for children and families since
1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us
grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into
one of the largest national child and family care organizations in
the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research
Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care
and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to
those looking to make a real difference. Our employees are our
supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is
why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better
place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique
perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits
to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town
Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our
experts and professional development opportunities within the
organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than
just a job, it is a way of life. This advertisement describes the
general nature of work to be performed and does not include an
exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys
Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates
in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or
expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To
request a disability-related accommodation in the application
process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town, Omaha , 1279 - Research Assistant I, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...