Patient Access Specialist- Part Time
Company: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Serves as a patient advocate and resource through the
scheduling, pre-registration, registration, admitting/discharge and
authorization process. Greets, screens and checks in patients,
families vendors and visitors in a professional manner while
working to exceed customer service expectations. Pre-registers
current and prospective patients which includes: performing
verification of demographic and insurance eligibility/benefit
information, identifying and communicating out of pocket liability,
providing cost estimations as well as attempting to collect in
advance or at time of service as well as making referrals to
Patient Financial Counselor for self-pay or inability to pay.
SCHEDULE: M-F 7:45a-11:45a $1,000 Hiring Bonus! MAJOR
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides excellent customer service to any individuals
presenting for clinic care, surgery, admissions or in need of
direction by being able to assist any who present to their Access
location with their admitting, registration/check-in, collections
or other needs as identified.
- Maintains excellent communication and positive rapport with all
points of contact which include internal and external entities,
documenting pertinent discussions and details of correspondence in
all applicable systems to provide tracking and point of
- Responsible for obtaining and communicating accurate benefit
information and eligibility, pre-determination/pre-authorization as
well as detailed benefit and patient liabilities per insurance
company requirements and established time frames, i.e. online vs.
telephone to ensure credible coverage and benefits are in
- Follows established protocols and procedures for verification
and collection of pertinent demographics.
- Communicates with Medical Unit Manager or Director to determine
bed assignment and resource availability at time of admission if
not performed in advance of patient presentation.
- Communicates arrival of surgical patients following
registration or admission providing transport assistance as needed
to pertinent care unit.
- Monitors patient care waiting areas, being situationally aware
of setting to ensure a clean, safe and comfortable environment for
anyone presenting to BTNRH.
- Processes incoming calls both internal and externally to aid in
services which may include but are not limited to: scheduling,
pre-registration, processing nurse call information, pharmacy
refills and referral requests, physician and/or staff paging needs,
financial counseling queries, admission/discharge notifications as
well as vetting special requests and questions as needed.
- Assists in coordinating and scheduling interpretive services as
- Responsible for opening and closing of clinic/admission
locations ensuring security systems are utilized as directed.
- Works to collect co-payment and payment on account at time of
service and is responsible for preparing daily bank deposits at
appropriate intervals, carefully following payment and cash
controls as directed.
- Communicates in a positive and professional manner with the
patient / guarantor on any scheduling, registration, authorization
or financial issues, including assisting with Financial Assistance
application or referrals,
- Confirms legal guardianship status when applicable, obtaining
legal guardianship documentation and consents. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS,
- Ability to apply knowledge of electronic medical records,
charts and medical terminology.
- Knowledge of insurance terms, reimbursement procedures, rates
and policies related to medical terminology.
- Ability to maintain petty cash funds, make change and process
- Ability to give attention to detail and follow established
standards and procedures.
- Knowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB), CPT, HCPC and
- Must have excellent verbal/ written communication skills to
communicate effectively with physicians, clinicians, patients and
- Knowledge of telephone etiquette required.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at a time. REQUIRED
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- M inimum of 3 years experience working in a clinic and/or
hospital setting required. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- E xperience working in a clinic and/or hospital setting focused
on registration preferred.
- K nowledge of Explanation of Benefits (EOB) preferred. About
Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for
children and families since 1917. With over a century of service,
our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in
downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child
and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of
Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched
out into the health care and research fields, offering even more
career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our supporters when it comes to achieving Boys
Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to
making the world a better place for children, families, patients,
and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their
families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free
prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance,
parenting resources from our experts and professional development
opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working
at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. This
advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed
and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or
abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity
employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity
and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran
status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the
application process, contact us at 1-.
Keywords: Boys Town National Research Hospital, Omaha , Patient Access Specialist- Part Time, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...