Assistant Superintendent, Fresh Meats-Conversion
Company: WholeStone Farms LLC
Posted on: November 17, 2023
If you are unable to complete this application due to a
disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an
alternative application process. Assistant Superintendent, Fresh
Meats-Conversion Full Time Fremont, NE, US 7 days ago Requisition
ID: 1308 Who We Are
A producer-owned pork processor, comprised of 200 dedicated Midwest
family farms, focused on providing customers with quality pork
products they can trust, in a culture that fosters innovation and
opportunity. Summary The Lead Conversion Supervisor directs the
production supervisors across Ham and Loin Boning departments to
assure cost-effective, on-time manufacture of quality products.
These value-added activities are sold both domestically and
internationally to processors and retail distributors. Education,
Licensure and Experience
- Bachelor's degree and/or 5+ years of experience and/or training
in a pork production environment required.
- Knowledge of Oracle and AS400 operating systems, Internet,
Spreadsheet, Word, Power Point, and Order processing, and Inventory
- Previous food processing experience, supervisory experience,
manufacturing knowledge and understanding of yields, plant
efficiencies, P&L and operations procedures required.
- Bilingual preferred but not required. Qualifications To perform
this job successfully, an individual must be a minimum of 18 years
of age and must be able to perform each essential duty
satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of
the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. Essential Duties and
Responsibilities: This in no way states or implies that these are
the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of
specific duties does not exclude them from the position. Other
duties may be assigned as deemed necessary and appropriate.):
- Directs processing operations and personnel to meet established
processing and quality control standards, to control budget and
costs, and to provide data regarding types, quantities,
specifications, and delivery dates of products produced.
- Support continuous improvement initiatives and identify
inefficiencies and cost optimization opportunities.
- Recommends modification of machines and equipment in order to
improve processing and quality of products.
- Assists in maintaining acceptable plant profitability.
- Monitors yields and efficiencies daily and takes corrective
action when appropriate.
- Ensures that sanitation standards are met daily; ensures
product specifications and quality index are met or exceeded.
- Ensures that department manning and product scheduling is
adequate to meet customer needs.
- Conducts line meetings as necessary to discuss violations and
required actions to ensure compliance.
- Develop, publish, and maintain KPI's (Key Performance
Indicators) and scorecards to drive continuous improvement.
- Complies with USDA regulatory compliance, HACCP, SSOP, SOP,
GMP, and SQF program for product quality, performance, and
- Advocate and maintain a strong commitment to Environment,
Health, and Safety compliance.
- Ensure all export requirements and specifications meet or
- Be a primary liaison between our company and our international
- Other duties may be assigned. Supervisory Responsibilities
Provides leadership and guidance to employees on the Production
Floor. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with
the organization's policies and applicable laws. Collaborates
cross-functionally with other departments to drive efficiency and
completion of key goals and KPI's. Language Skills Must be able to
read, write, speak, and understand the language of the majority
cultural group in order to communicate effectively. Must be able to
hear enough to understand those individuals as well. Ability to
read, interpret, and comprehend documents such as grafts/flow
sheets, financials, general professional articles and publications,
governmental regulations, safety rules, assignment sheets, and
procedure manuals. Must be able to write reports, business
correspondence, policies and procedures, and other administrative
forms as outlined above. Must be able to effectively communicate in
both individual and group settings. Must be able to present
information and respond to questions from individuals and/or
groups. We offer a competitive benefits package which includes:
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Company matching Retirement Plan
- Paid time off
- Short term and long term disability
- Referral program
- Flexible Spending and Health Savings Plans Wholestone Farms is
an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
age, religion, gender, gender orientation, gender identity,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Keywords: WholeStone Farms LLC, Omaha , Assistant Superintendent, Fresh Meats-Conversion, Other , Fremont, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!