Federal Reserve Bank Equipment Specialist
Company: 10J Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
Posted on: November 20, 2023
CompanyFederal Reserve Bank of Kansas City As a part of the
nation's central bank, the Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City
supports a safe, sound, and stable financial system. We work within
diverse communities throughout our region and nation to support the
Bank's mission and foster understanding of our economy, the
payments system, and financial institutions for all
Americans.Together, we serve the public and each other in an
innovative environment that values the highest ethical standards.
Our organizational values of Integrity, Service, Growth and
Development, Innovation, and Inclusion anchor us in everything we
do. Here you'll find support to grow your career with a diverse
team, united in a clear and common purpose. About the Role:The
Federal Reserve Bank is seeking an Equipment Specialist to join the
Stored Value Card (SVC) department. As our Equipment Specialist you
will perform day-to-day end user operations support that allows SVC
to maintain a payment system in support of the Department of
Treasury. This payment system is utilized by personnel at Army, Air
Force, and Marine bases in the United States and peacekeeping bases
overseas. You will be relied upon to perform a variety of
activities that include configuring equipment, evaluating and
installing new hardware and software, monitoring and
troubleshooting equipment and systems, and providing end user
support. To be successful in this position you will need to acquire
and maintain a solid understanding of SVC business second-level
application production and testing support as well as excel in
providing operational technical support in complex and dynamic
circumstances. This is a great position for those that are
interested in using and learning new/emerging technology relating
to supporting laptops, Point of Sale (POS) devices, and other
payment system devices. Location/Schedule:Candidates must live in
the Omaha area. Remote candidates will not be considered. This
position will require you to work on-site nearly 100% of the time
and regularly work some weekends and evenings. Important
- Partner with other IT teams as needed to troubleshoot, resolve,
and document incidents.
- Provide technical support (typically 2nd or 3rd level support)
by troubleshooting, resolving, and documenting incidents related to
the end-user, systems, applications, and/or hardware.
- Evaluate, recommend, and/or implement new hardware and software
products to business areas/customers to improve efficiency,
reliability, or to provide new services. May perform procurement
- Install, update, maintain, monitor, and test the operation of
systems and applications, including, but not limited to,
vulnerability management, change/problem management, and/or asset
- Track all incoming supply requests.
- Assist with build, configuration, and testing of EagleCash and
One-Card equipment being deployed to Continental United States
(CONUS) and Outside Continental United States (OCONUS) locations,
within predetermined Service Level Agreement (SLA) timelines.
- Recover financial transactions from returning equipment in a
- Assist with repairs, clean and refurbish returned
- Maintain an accurate inventory of supplies/equipment and
generate appropriate and timely inventory reports.
- Prepare items for shipment and associated paperwork.
- Provide technical support to Treasury and military service
equipment sustainment teams, including travel to military bases
- In some areas, may be required to provide on-call support as
needed, which might necessitate additional work outside of normal
- Ability to lift 50lbs What we look for:
- Ability to work under clearly defined guidelines with direct
- Strong multi-tasking, customer service, and communication
skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts to
- Strong technical troubleshooting skills and a working knowledge
of current technologies.
- Good working knowledge of multiple hardware/software platforms
and applications. Required Qualifications:
- Typically, does not require any previous relevant
- Associate's degree in information technology or a closely
related field from a technical/vocational school, an accredited
college or university, or equivalent combination of directly
related education and/or experience.
- United States citizenship is required for this position.
- At least one year of user systems support experience.
- Two years of hands-on desktop/end-user support experience.
Experience can include working in a call center-based IT oriented
environment that is engaged in installing/de-installing IT hardware
and software, troubleshooting, and repairing PC hardware/software,
mobile computing devices, and provided network maintenance.
- Candidates with experience working with the Department of
Defense Information Network (DoDIN) including the
telecommunications services and infrastructure that support
tactical ground forces.
- Experience working with military information technology
experience and/or payment system technology.
This position has additional
screening requirements due to the information accessed while
performing the job. These additional screenings would be initiated
at the time of offer acceptance and can take up to a couple of
months to be completed. You can begin work before the screening is
completed; however, continued employment is contingent on
acceptable screening results. The areas screened may include
education/employment verification, criminal history, credit
history, and reference checks. United States citizenship is
required for this position. We offer benefits go beyond the basics.
As an organization that deeply values its employees, we offer a
robust set of financial, professional development, and personal
benefits that go beyond the basics, featuring both a 401k/thrift
plan with a generous company-match on employee contributions as
well as a defined benefit pension plan and more. Depending on
location, additional onsite amenities may include an onsite fitness
center; onsite cafeteria with healthy and affordable food options;
and additional onsite convenience benefits, discounts on a variety
of goods and services.Specific Benefits include:
- Market-leading Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 401k/Thrift Plan
- Pension Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Life Insurance
- Vacation & Personal Time
- Paid Holidays
- Parental Leave
- Adoption Assistance
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Onsite Cafeteria
- Additional Convenience Benefits, Discounts and More Follow us
on LinkedIn, Instagram, Twitter, and our YouTube channel - Kansas
Full Time / Part TimeFull time
Regular / TemporaryRegular
Job Exempt (Yes / No)Yes
Job CategoryInformation Technology
Work ShiftFirst (United States of America) The Federal Reserve
Banks believe that diversity and inclusion among our employees is
critical to our success as an organization, and we seek to recruit,
develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse
candidate pool. The Federal Reserve Banks are committed to equal
employment opportunity for employees and job applicants in
compliance with applicable law and to an environment where
employees are valued for their differences. Privacy Notice
Keywords: 10J Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, Omaha , Federal Reserve Bank Equipment Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!