Company: IAT Insurance Group
Posted on: January 14, 2019
IAT has an immediate need for a Bodily Injury Claim Specialist in our Omaha, Nebraska location. The position is responsible for the handling of claims that are moderate to complex in scope and will determine the extent of company's liability and attempt to effect out-of-court settlement with claimant.
- Handles moderate to complex exposure claims relative to Bodily Injury claims, based on Claim Guidelines.
- Verifies/analyzes applicable coverage for the reported loss.
- Establishes 24-hour contact and maintain appropriate contact with all involved stakeholders throughout the life of the claim file.
- Investigates each claim by gathering information, conducting interviews, taking statements, conducting website research as needed, reviewing and analyzing reports and related bills.
- Identifies and addresses subrogation/contribution/SIU opportunities.
- Sets accurate/timely loss/expense reserves in compliance with Claim Guidelines.
- Evaluates, negotiates, and authorizes settlements with all stakeholders within designated authority.
- Selects, directs and manages Vendors/Counsel including approval of defense budgets.
- Negotiates directly with claimants and claimant attorneys upon receipt of critical information.
- Drafts correspondence, including but not limited to, coverage letters to stakeholders as required.
- Maintains resident/nonresident adjuster licenses as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors' degree with 5 years' of relevant experience related to Bodily Injury claims or equivalent experience (JD preferred).
- Equivalent experience is defined as 9 years of Commercial Bodily Injury claims experience or an individual with a JD and 3 years of Commercial Bodily Injury claims.
- Experience handling Bodily Injury claims is a must.
- Experience handling General Liability claims is a must.
- Litigation experience is a must.
- Coverage experience is a must.
- Experience with commercial Auto is preferred.
- Partial completion of AIC, CPCU, or other similar program preferred.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills to communicate internally and externally.
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent attention to detail and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Ability to set priorities and multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- To qualify, all applicants must be authorized to work in the United States and must not require, now or in the future, VISA sponsorship for employment purposes.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. We participate in E-Verify.
IAT Insurance Group ("IAT") is a privately owned, specialty insurance company, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, providing a wide range of property and casualty insurance products meeting the needs of individuals and businesses. IAT consists of seven operating divisions, each sharing the same quality standards, commitment to service and innovation, and an overall mission of excellence. As an organization, we leverage our experienced leadership, sound analytics, proven operating platforms and extensive risk capabilities across the entire enterprise to deliver specialized, sustainable solutions for our customers.
With multiple offices throughout the United States, IAT has a large footprint throughout the United States. As a privately owned organization, consisting of nearly 1,000 employees, we are able to act strategically within an ever-changing marketplace. We are large enough to make a difference in the industry but small enough to be agile and nimble. Our focus includes meeting customer needs and fostering an exceptional agent and broker network to serve clients.
Furthermore, we strive to provide an environment where our employees feel empowered, challenged and valued. Not only does IAT provide a dynamic workplace, we also provide competitive total compensation packages and great benefits, including but not limited to medical, dental, and vision insurance, a generous time off policy, company provided life and disability insurance, a lucrative 401k company match, and incentive plans.
Keywords: IAT Insurance Group, Omaha , Claims Specialist, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!