Youth Department Associate
Company: Jewish Community Center of Omaha
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Job Title: Youth Department Associate Supervisor: Director of Youth
Programming Work Schedule: May 20th to August 11th, 2019:
Monday-Friday (Part Time) Shift: 2 different shifts available AM
and PM. AM = 6:50am to 9am. PM = 4:00pm to 6:00pm Exemption: Part
Time: Non-Exempt Note: After the summer is over, part time
employees can stay on as substitutes, if interested. PRIMARY
PURPOSE OF JOB Assists with the operation of Youth Department
programs, before/after school, other activities, and/or special
- High School Diploma
- Experience in childcare setting, working with children, or
related field DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead games and activities for children grades K-6.
- Supervise children at play and be an active participant in play
- Make sure all youth using the game room are abiding by the game
- Answer the telephone and take accurate messages.
- Greet parents, staff, and others with a welcoming and caring
- Prepare and serve snack.
- Report any inappropriate behaviors to the supervisor.
- Make sure the Youth Lounge is clean and games are put away at
the end of the shift.
- Attend all staff training sessions and staff meetings. CORE
- Relate to and work with campers, members, parents, guests,
professional staff, and lay leaders.
- Handle multiple tasks.
- Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; involve and
inform direct supervisor.
- Speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative
situations; listen and get clarification; respond well to
questions; demonstrate group presentation skills; participate in
- Maintain confidentiality. Display willingness to make
decisions; exhibit sound and accurate judgment; support and explain
reasoning for decisions; include appropriate people in
decision-making process; make timely decisions.
- Prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently; plan
for additional resources; set goals, objectives, and action plans;
take calculated risks to accomplish goals.
- Approach others in a tactful manner; react well under pressure;
treat other with respect and consideration regardless of their
status or position; accept responsibility for own actions; follow
through on commitments.
- Demonstrate accuracy and thoroughness; look for ways to improve
and promote quality; apply feedback to improve performance; meet
productivity standards; complete work in timely manner; monitor own
work to ensure quality.
- Apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions
furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. WORKING CONDITIONS
- Requires normal physical capabilities, including lifting or
carrying light loads, reaching and standing, or sitting for
extended periods of time. Requires being physically fit in order to
participate in a wide variety of activities. Requires stamina to
work long periods in a physically active environment. Requires
dexterity with hands, speech, corrected hearing and vision within
- The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- This position will be working in well-lighted and ventilated
areas, as well as throughout the facility. In addition, outside on
a regular basis, weather permitted. The noise level in the work
environment is usually moderate to high depending on the number of
children, members using the youth facilities. CUSTOMER SERVICE
STATEMENT The Youth Department Associate shares in the JCCs
commitment to provide excellent customer service to its members and
behaves professionally in all of his/her relationships with members
and guests. Youth Department Associates take the time to learn the
names of as many individuals as possible and makes sure individual
members are pleased with the services and programs provided by the
JCC. Disclaimer Every effort has been made to make this job
description as complete as possible. It in no way states or implies
that these are the only duties required. Other duties apply that
Keywords: Jewish Community Center of Omaha, Omaha , Youth Department Associate, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!