(HBA 8699) Senior Systems Engineer - Offutt AFB
Posted on: October 16, 2019
Secret, U.S. Citizenship RequiredOmaha, NEPosted 1 week ago(HBA
Systems Engineer - Offutt AFB (NE)
Location: Omaha, NE
of up to 1-2 days per month may be required.
PCI is actively seeking a Senior Systems Engineer to support the
Systems Branch of the Digital Directorate at Offutt AFB, NE.
- Design and document IT/Data Center infrastructure solutions to
Force functional and shared infrastructure weather community
adhering to architecture standards, policies, baseline management,
security requirements for the Air Force and DoD; and fully and
integrating with other parts of the AF Weather Enterprise.
- Effectively communicate IT/Data Center infrastructure solutions
engineering teams. Oversee implementation to provide technical
ensure successful implementation of solutions.
- Analyze requirements to develop accurate technical estimates
trades, produce detailed materiel solution procurement
perform technical evaluations of proposals for Weather systems
technical refresh activities.
- Assist program managers with analyzing requirements, developing
requirements, and crafting technical requirements and guidance for
- Manage capacity analysis requests and tasks to determine if
requirements can be accommodated by existing systems without
to mission essential functions.
- Develop and maintain technical baseline information for Air
Weather functional requirements and/or common/shared
- Manage and perform detailed reviews on configuration change
perform audits as necessary following change requests and
maintain accurate technical baseline information.
- Evaluate existing and new weather requirements, develop primary
alternative IT technical solutions and estimates, and ensure proper
systems engineering (to include training, documentation, and
ensure system performance is achieved in accordance with program
- Participate in program reviews, IPTs, project implementation
customer meetings, engineering meetings, cyber security meetings,
activities. Author requirements or tasks for prime contractor to
analysis, design, implementation, or disposal work for a variety
systems components, systems, or capabilities.
- Participate in and evaluate studies including capacity analysis
- Provide system/program engineering, technical support and
training to support programs/initiatives, including but not limited
acquisition, development, integration, testing, sustainment,
evolution, deployment/fielding and installation, and operations
- Coordinates with other Air Force Weather Programs to ensure
integration of system upgrades within the Air Force Weather
- Provide engineering support services and inputs to program and
risk management activities in compliance with AF SEAM processes
- Bachelor's degree and 12 years
of Computer Engineering or Computer Science experience; three years
- Must have a current Security+
certification. CISSP certification
- Must have a strong foundation
in IT Data Center systems planning.
- Must have experience with
Linux, and demonstrated IT knowledge/experience in at least 3 of
- Operating Systems,
- Storage Arrays,
- Long Haul Communications
- Rack Mounted Infrastructures
- Security scanning/monitoring
- Cross Domain Guards
- Load balanced enterprise
- PKI infrastructure
- High Performance Computing
- Knowledge of commercial cloud
computing environments and/or GOVcloud implementations is
- Knowledge of "containerization"
approaches for faster deployment of software capabilities is
- Experience with Visio or
AutoCAD is desired.
- Experience with complex
problem-solving techniques and systems engineering
- Ability to keep accurate
documentation of systems and changes
- Demonstrated ability to work
effectively in a multi-functional team environment
- Excellent written and verbal
Job Features Job Category Network Engineer, Systems Engineer Apply
OnlineAttach Resume*No file chosenBrowsePCI is committed to the
principles of equal employment opportunity and gives consideration
for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national
origin, disability or protected veteran status. Submit
Keywords: PCI, Omaha , (HBA 8699) Senior Systems Engineer - Offutt AFB, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!