Life Claim Analyst II (Corporate Operations)
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Accurately determines complex claim benefits payable based on
medical records, contract language and any additional information
needed to reach the appropriate decision in a timely manner. This
includes both payment and denial of benefits.
- Analyzes complex claims documentation and correspondence in
order to process claim transactions, and assists with customer
requests to determine appropriate outcomes. Keys and documents data
- Communicates with external and internal customers to obtain
specific claim information in order to finalize claims and to
explain claim handling.
- Receives, analyzes and processes incoming claim inquiries and
communicates outcomes. Effectively responds to and resolves
customer requests by utilizing expanded knowledge and skill sets,
systems, policies, procedures, regulations, and other reference
available. May handle escalated claim and call requests.
- Provides effective customer service via multiple channels on
the phone (to include inbound and outbound calls), written/email,
correspondence, etc. Performs service recovery techniques to
resolve requests. Provides compliant and easily understood
resolution options with the desired outcome of creating a positive
customer experience. Utilizes resources to support service delivery
resulting in retaining and/or growing the business.
- Meets and/or exceeds department standards related to
attendance, productivity and quality
- Makes appropriate referrals to legal, underwriting and special
investigations as needed.
- Creates written letters to provide concise explanations to
customers regarding claim determinations.
- Actively participates in and seeks out self-development
opportunities, exposures and experiences, with a willingness to
learn new skills and/or product lines.
- Actively participates in daily management through huddle
involvement and the identification and supports implementation of
process improvements. Provides insights and recommendations of for
enhancements to processes, training and the quality of service
delivery to our customers.
- Has a primary focus on customer satisfaction, provides an
effective level of customer service.
- Stays abreast of and adheres to Company processes and
procedures, industry changes, federal and state legislation and
- Assists with peer development and delivery/service requirements
through information and knowledge sharing, resulting in supporting
and resolving customer requests. Assists with the development,
delivery and oversight of training and quality auditing program
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with
internal and external customers.
- May handle over limit threshold payment approvals based on
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Shows a sense of urgency and is accountable for work
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to a diverse and changing work
environment. Willingness to learn new skills with the ability to
- Ability to work independently, and/or as part of a team, in a
collaborative environment and is approachable.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with an
attention to detail and strong analytical and decision-making
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced work
- Strong oral, written and interpersonal communication skills,
sound judgment and the ability to think within a structured and
compliant work environment while focusing on the customer.
- Demonstrated understanding of computer systems such as email,
data entry, and Microsoft products, with proficient keyboarding
- Ability to work flexible shifts and maintain regular and
predictable attendance with adherence to department and company
attendance expectations. May be required to work overtime based on
- Demonstrated ability to assess and understand the needs of the
customer and demonstrates flexibility in customizing approach and
response to resolve requests in a respectful and timely
- Ability to diffuse escalated situations when necessary.
- College degree or work equivalent.
- Insurance product knowledge of Business area.
- Experience with the application of policies, practices and
procedures in a business environment.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Presentation skills.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Life Claim Analyst II (Corporate Operations), Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!