Permanent Total Disability Benefit Claim Technician (Workplace Solutions)
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Ensures the accurate, prompt and thorough evaluation of Group
Claims (Permanent Total Disability) by analyzing and determining
the appropriate action steps while adhering to both internal and
external regulations and ensuring an industry leading customer
experience. This role has a direct impact on the success of BSD
from both a financial and persistency (customer retention)
perspective. WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Demonstrates the ability to make sound recommendations and
working towards independent decision making throughout the life of
the claim based upon claim facts, thorough evaluation, and
gathering pertinent information to formulate appropriate action
- Develops file that demonstrates appropriate decision making was
used based on documented procedures using claim facts, pertinent
policy provisions, customer expectations and special handling
- Develops appropriate business relationships and communications
with claimant, broker, sales organization, vendor partners,
employer and internal partners (e.g. underwriting, legal, etc.).
Ensures communications demonstrate professionalism that supports
the values of Mutual of Omaha.
- Initiates regular and appropriate communication with claimants,
employers and medical professional(s) throughout the life-cycle of
- Accurately determines financial liability based on salary,
other income sources, medical / vocational information and contract
- Communicates any changes in claim status to claimants,
policyholders, and appropriate Home Office departments.
- Provides various updates to policyholders per contract
requirements with a high level of customer service.
- Determines eligibility based on contract language, payroll
records, and other supporting documentation.
- Adheres to ERISA and other federal/state laws concerning group
- Demonstrates flexibility and ability to support unique customer
- Creates written letters for the purpose of providing concise
explanations to claimants regarding claims determinations.
- Remains abreast to industry changes, federal and state
legislation and regulations, as well as changes in internal
processes and procedures.
- Analytical and critical thinking skills.
This position is multifaceted and diverse, requiring many different
skill-sets in order to be effective including :
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Ability to develop an understanding of complex insurance
provisions and contracts.
- Ability to comprehend and apply insurance regulations to claim
- Ability to analyze and interpret vocational and medical
information to formulate a claims decision.
- Ability to communicate professionally with a high level of
customer service (written and verbal).
- Demonstrate the ability to calculate basic to complex benefits
based off contract provisions.
- Good organizational skills, attention to detail with a high
degree of accuracy, and the ability to work towards a level of
independence and apply a sense of urgency.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to move from dependent to independent tasks and
- Ability to diffuse situations and escalate when
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
- Basic knowledge of medical terminology.
- Analytical and decision-making skills.
- Proficient with personal computer, Microsoft applications and
Mutual of Omaha proprietary applications (ex. GSAP,
- Ability to maintain regular and predictable attendance in
adherence to department and company attendance expectations.
- Permanent Total Disability Claims Experience
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Permanent Total Disability Benefit Claim Technician (Workplace Solutions), Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!