Lead Actuarial Analyst -Model Development
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
Mutual of Omaha is looking for several individuals to contribute
to our actuarial modernization initiative. This initiative impacts
our actuarial systems, models, data, reporting, and processes. In
this highly visible role the candidate will be involved in
building/testing models in AXIS to serve various actuarial
functions (including valuation, financial plan, cash flow testing,
economic capital, and asset liability management).Applicants should
be well versed with AXIS software and have a passion for building
actuarial models in an efficient, scalable, transparent,
controlled, and accurate manner. While the modernization effort
includes building models across all of our products, the preferred
AXIS experience for this position will be within the Health related
modules to support our Long Term Care, Disability Income,
Supplemental Health, and Medicare Supplement workstreams. WHAT
- Involvement across all phases of the model build process within
the actuarial modernization efforts:
- Requirements gathering - For both data and model requirements,
and with the support of subject matter experts, gather information
necessary to build the model, data inputs, and data
- Model Design - Participate in designing the ideal model
structure for the given models, while adhering to holistic model
design principals - focusing on scalable, transparent, controlled,
and automated solutions.
- Model Development - Translate model requirements into technical
specifications and then perform the model build activities -
focusing on attaining consistency across products, with a 'first
principles' model build mindset rather than a conversion
- Model Testing - Participate in various testing related
activities across all impacted actuarial functions, including unit
testing, regression testing, aggregate reconciliations, in
accordance with agreed upon testing strategy for thresholds,
variance bucketing, attribution, etc.
- Documentation - develop documentation for new models and
affected processes to a degree such that parties unfamiliar with
our processes or models can understand how processes flow or how
- Collaborate with project leadership, management team, subject
matter experts, and product owners throughout project to ensure
solutions are meeting stakeholder needs.
- Complete tasks as assigned in the project plan, and track
progress against milestones. Complete work by milestone dates, or
communicate early and often if slippage is beginning to
- Risk Management; Identify and assess risk in actuarial
responsibilities. Complies with actuarial standards of practice,
precepts and enterprise risk management responsibilities. Supports
enterprise wide risk management initiatives as they relate to this
- 2+ Years AXIS experience within AXIS conversion
- Thorough actuarial background, as well as thorough background
in Actuarial Science, Math, Statistics, Economics and/or Computer
- Aptitude for statistical interpretation, a working knowledge of
advanced actuarial assumptions and formulae and accounting
- Thorough financial background.
- Strong oral and written communication and human relations
- Strong collaboration skills and team oriented.
- Product and industry knowledge
- 2+ Years' programming experience within the AXIS disability
module (most preferably supporting Long Term Care)
- Data skills and experience in any of the following packages: R,
Python, SQL, SAS, Tableau, Power BI.
- Ability to teach or foster development in others.
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Lead Actuarial Analyst -Model Development, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!