Clinical Nurse Consultant/Sr. Consultant (Workplace Solutions)
Company: Mutual of Omaha
Posted on: September 9, 2020
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Provides consultative services including analyzing and
interpreting medical information on long term disability and short
term disability claims. Demonstrates the ability to assess medical
information for adequacy and consistency which is necessary in
order for the nurse to offer an appropriate medical opinion.
Obtains and clarifies medical information and interprets medical
reports. Arranges relevant material into facts, considers the
uniqueness of each claim in order to document medical opinions.
Identifies medical restrictions, limitations, provides expected
duration for recovery and recommendations for next steps.
- Provides clarification for independent medical exam (IME),
medical records, lab results, office notes, MRIs, etc. and any
other medical information that may have been submitted on behalf of
- Reports and documents information.
- Remains aware of the impact that adherence to compliance, sense
of urgency and quality have on our customers.
- Makes recommendations on the appropriateness of coordinating
external medical consultations when applicable. Keeps management
informed of the quality of services and resources while maintaining
risk strategies that are cost effective.
- Establishes effective communications with medical facilities
and providers. Effectively educates attending physicians and other
resources about restrictions, limitations, work capacity and
initiates discussions regarding complex medical conditions and
seeks clarification from attending physician when
- Works directly with the Vocational Rehabilitation Specialists
in identifying early intervention opportunities through disability
- Assists the law division by participating in depositions or
- Utilizes clinical background and experience to determine
appropriate medical handling techniques that focus on disability
case management, durational guidelines, early intervention and
return to work strategies.
- Develops and conducts training programs and presentations to
educate the claim associates on medical or disability topics.
- You help promote a culture of diversity and inclusion within
the department and the larger organization. You value different
ideas and opinions. You listen courageously and remain curious in
all that you do.
- You are able to work remotely and have access to high-speed
- Achieves and maintains professional license and certifications
by attending educational seminars and other required educational
- Registered nurse with knowledge or experience in disability
evaluation, early intervention concepts, and claim
- Sound judgement, high level of initiative and creativity,
proven analytical and problem solving skills, strong decision
making ability and confidence to make difficult decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, highly collaborative, teaching
ability and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to type and maneuver through multiple office and
- Ability to work autonomously, apply critical thinking, meet
deadlines and demonstrate proficient written and verbal
- Working knowledge of disability policy language and provisions
as well as regulatory environment, i.e., ERISA.
- Ability to work well under pressure and demonstrate a high
level of flexibility to meet the needs of a rapidly changing
- Associate Degree in Nursing, a minimum of 5-7 years of relevant
direct patient care are required. Bachelor of Science degree is
- Bachelor's Science Nursing (BSN) is preferred
WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU:
- A diverse workplace where associates feel a sense of
- An organization that feels like a small, close-knit community
and has the strength of a Fortune 500 company
- Tuition reimbursement, training and career development
- Competitive salary, incentives, 401(k), flexible work schedules
and a healthy amount of time off
MUTUAL OF OMAHA:
Mutual of Omaha serves more than 4.8 million individual product
customers and 39,000 employer groups. Our legacy of stability
creates an environment where every associate is encouraged to
experiment, innovate and grow in their own unique career path.
From day one, you'll have the tools to be your best self at work.
Here you'll do meaningful work and your talents will have a
positive impact on peoples' lives as we help our customers protect
what they care about and achieve their financial goals.
Each associate is a unique contributor to creating a diverse,
dynamic, thriving and inclusive workplace. We want you to become
engaged --- feel a sense of belonging --- and contribute to the
company's exceptional future.
Join forces with a company that can AMPLIFY YOUR STRENGTHS AND
EMPOWER YOUR CAREER.
For inquiries about the position or application process, contact
our HR Helpline at 1-800-365-1405.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled
veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are
unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career
center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation,
contact a Human Resources Representative at 1-800-780-0304. We are
available Monday through Friday 7 am to 4:30 pm CST we will reply
within 24 hours.
Mutual of Omaha and its affiliates are an Equal Opportunity
/Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive
consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
protected veteran status.
To All Recruitment Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency
resumes and we are not responsible for any fees related to
Keywords: Mutual of Omaha, Omaha , Clinical Nurse Consultant/Sr. Consultant (Workplace Solutions), Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!