Benefits Analyst- LOA
Company: Pacific Life
Posted on: November 24, 2020
Pacific Life is investing in bright, agile and diverse new talent
to ensure we continue to innovate and strengthen relationships with
our policyholders. That s why we re actively seeking an innovative
and experienced Benefits Analyst, with a focus on leave
administration, to join our team and take part in our people-first
As Benefits Analyst, you ll play a key role in Pacific Life s
growth and long-term success by administering the company s leave,
disability, time-off and worker's compensation programs. While
joining the Benefits Team, you ll be supporting Pacific Life
employees by providing an exceptional benefits experience that is
positive, personalized and easy to navigate.
If you re experienced in leave of absence administration, you re a
great fit for this role. Technical capabilities aside, if you re a
mission-driven self-starter who s comfortable with ambiguity, and
who thrives in a fast-paced, collaborative culture, you re a
perfect fit for Pacific Life.
Here, we believe you should be given the time, space, and trust to
do your best work your way. As part of our transition toward a more
digitally oriented, inclusive and employee-focused company, we re
opening this role to candidates near Newport Beach, CA; Omaha NE or
Lynchburg, VA as well as those looking to work 100% remote.
Benefits Team Goals and Responsibilities
* Provide valuable and flexible benefits that support the holistic
wellbeing of our employees.
* Provide high-touch benefits support with empathy and care
* Empower employees through education about benefit programs and
* Innovate with a focus on process optimization and improving the
How You ll Contribute
* Provide total leave of absence (LOA) management, from intake to
closure, for all employees, nationwide.
* Serve as the primary point of contact for phone, emails, and mail
communications with employees, management, human resources staff
and external vendors regarding LOA and related processes.
* Ensure highest level of customer service with employees and
provide responsive support throughout LOA process.
* Review guidelines for LOA and statutory paid family leave
eligibility resulting in accurate eligibility decisions.
* Maintain accurate records of employee leaves and accommodations
in full legal compliance with all applicable laws.
* Create and maintain LOA scorecards to report trends including
current leaves, returns from leaves and intermittent leave
implications (pay, benefits, return to work, etc.)
* Review, update and maintain all LOA and time-off policies to
ensure legal compliance
* Maintain QCERA LOA tracking system and complete regular audits to
ensure the accuracy of the data in the system.
* Oversee integration of leaves with other functions (benefits
during LOA, payroll, time-off tracking, etc.).
* Manage vendor relationships for leave, disability and workers
comp benefits including serve as the day to day contact for vendor
representatives, manage contract renewals and monitor performance
against service level agreements.
* Develop and update communications to improve employee and manager
understanding of the company s leave, time-off and disability
programs and processes.
* Provide assistance with resolving general employee benefit
questions via the Benefits Assistance Center (BAC). Provides
support to employees and HR community on benefit related requests
and ensures a high level of customer service.
* Perform special benefits projects as needed.
Tech & Tools You'll Use
* Microsoft Office including Excel and Power BI
* Microsoft Teams
Factors for Success
* 3+ years of experience in LOA administration
* In-depth knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act and other
applicable federal and state laws
* Proactive problem solver and team player who is detail oriented
and flexible with the ability to support requests from multiple
* Ability to handle sensitive and confidential matters
* Must demonstrate an ability to communicate clearly, concisely and
At Pacific Life, the work we do matters. That s why you ll find
those who work passionately each day to drive our company forward
enjoy job security, flexible scheduling and great opportunities for
career growth. If you re seeking a thriving career doing the type
of meaningful work that s all too rare at a Fortune 300 Company,
you re the perfect cultural fit for our team.
HOW WE HELP YOU SUCCEED:
We re fostering a culture of shared values across our company by
providing generous compensation and comprehensive benefits that
allow our employees to find fulfillment and security in personal
life and career alike. These include:
Competitive Salary and Benefits
Work-Life Balance & Flexible Scheduling
Medical, dental, and vision as part our commitment to investing in
the health and wellbeing of our employees
Two retirement savings plans: 401k savings plan with company match
and Company Retirement Contribution (company-paid)
Generous PTO and holiday pay
Warm Colleagues & Inspiring Culture
Pacific Life Insurance Company is an Equal Opportunity /Affirmative
Action Employer, M/F/D/V. If you are a qualified individual with a
disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access our career center as a result of your disability. To
request an accommodation, contact a Human Resources Representative
at Pacific Life Insurance Company.
Keywords: Pacific Life, Omaha , Benefits Analyst- LOA, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!