Field Service Technician
Company: Pierson Wireless Corp.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Position Title: Field Service Technician
Date Posted: 08/06/21
Location: Omaha, NE
JOB TITLE: Field Service Technician
REPORTS TO: Project Foreman or Market Manager
SUMMARY: Install, maintain, and repair wireless communications
solutions under the direction of Project Foreman or Market Manager.
Completing site walks to determine best installation routes and
surveys site conditions; installing and connectorizes cabling per
construction drawings provided for each job; completing jobsite
documentation and other paperwork as required.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Installs antennas and mounts electronic equipment per iBwave
and/or construction drawings.
- Is properly certified and operates hand-tools, various
man-lifts, and test equipment as necessary for proper cable and
- Provides completed tests results to evidence proper
installation by contractors.
- Maintains open and accurate communication with market manager,
supervisors, and subordinates.
- Clocks in and out for activities throughout the day in Pierson
Wireless' project management cloud solution.
- Maintains daily inspection, maintenance, adjustment, and repair
- Provides updates to Market Manger and/or Project Foreman and
reports showing proper installation and testing.
- Conveys project timelines and coordinates with contractors and
- Maintains daily completion of safety review.
- Follows safety policies for safe work and works with Regional
Safety Representative on any safety issues or concerns.
- Properly installs and terminates various coaxial, Cat5e, Cat6,
fiber optic, ground and low voltage power cables per manufacturer
- Mounts equipment per Pierson Wireless and manufacturer
- Sets up racks and other equipment mounting structure.
- Uses fiber optic and RF test equipment to ensure proper
- Maintains labeling and documentation of all installed systems.
- Properly documents work performed in Pierson Wireless' project
management cloud solution.
- Travel may be required during a normal business week Monday
- Weekend and night work may be required to complete closeout
packages or other job-related construction and paperwork.
- Provides support to other team members and staff as needed.
- Operates company provided equipment and vehicles in a safe
manner and follow all local laws, regulations, and ordinances.
- Submits all receipts and expense records.
- Abides by all policies and procedures as identified in the
Pierson Wireless handbook.
- Is cross-trained to lend support other Pierson Wireless staff
- Performs other duties as required (i.e. cleaning, moving,
- Performs other related duties as assigned by
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and applicable laws.BENEFITS:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, Vision, and Dental insurance - EMPLOYER pays 100% of
- EMPLOYER provided Short term / Long term disability, Life
insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment after 1 year
- 401(k) retirement savings with employer match - eligible at 1
- Meal stipend while traveling
- Paid travel time
- Paid training/certifications
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidaysPosition Requirements
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED), or one
to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent
combination of education and experience.
- Certificates, licenses and registrations required/preferred:
- Valid driver's license required.
- OSHA 10 hour certified (preferred)
- OSHA 30 hour certified (preferred)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency
- Other skills preferred:
- Telecommunications experience (preferred)
- Low voltage cable installation experience (preferred)
- Anritsu certification (preferred)
- Fiber optic fusion splicing experience (preferred)
- Stable work historyCOMPETENCIES:
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments;
Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically;
Upholds organizational values.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment;
Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit
the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or
- Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer
situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer
feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and
assistance; Meets commitments.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments;
Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals;
Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely
manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops
alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving
situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures;
Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports
potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities;
Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and
welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit;
Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and
group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's
efforts to succeed.PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Occasionally required to sit
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Continually required to climb, balance, bend, stoop, kneel or
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Frequently works in high, precarious places
- Occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions
- Occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather)
- While performing the duties of this job, the noise level in the
work environment is usually moderate
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 50
- Specialized equipment, machines, or vehicles used: Aerial
lifts, RF Testing Equipment The above is intended to describe the
general content of and requirements for the performance of this
job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of
duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this
job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign
duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Pierson Wireless is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, genetic information, arrest record, or
any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or
local laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with
respect to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer,
training, compensation, benefits, employee activities and general
treatment during employment.
The Company will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the
known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with
disabilities unless the accommodation would impose an undue
hardship on the operation of our business. If you need assistance
to perform your job duties because of a physical or mental
condition, please let know.
The Company will endeavor to accommodate the sincere religious
beliefs of its employees to the extent such accommodation does not
pose an undue hardship on the Company's operations. If employees
wish to request such an accommodation, they should contact .
Any employees with questions or concerns about equal employment
opportunities in the workplace are encouraged to bring these issues
to the attention of . The Company will not allow any form of
retaliation against individuals who raise issues of equal
employment opportunity. If employees feel they have been subjected
to any such retaliation, they should contact ..... click apply for
full job details
Keywords: Pierson Wireless Corp., Omaha , Field Service Technician, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!