Value Analysis Analyst
Company: Children's Hospital & Medical Center
Posted on: January 15, 2022
We're searching for a Value Analysis Analyst to provide clinical
support within Supply Chain Management for all aspects of supplies
and purchased service activities for clinical areas and Physician
groups. The Value Analysis Specialist acts as a liaison between
physicians, clinicians, supplier and other care providers to ensure
the quality and safety of selected products for optimal patient
care. Review and assess applicable financial, evidenced based
clinical research to guide in the appropriate selection and
implementation of cost effective products, purchase service and
processes for the Children's Healthcare System.Essential
- Responsible for the identification of supply utilization and
standardization opportunities resulting in savings and resolution
of clinical supply issues.
- Challenge vendors/clinician when research and evidence based
practice does not support product use.
- Responsible for the development of product specifications for
the VA (Value Analysis) process and accuracy of cost analysis.
- Monitors that all trials and evaluations are unbiased, ethical
and done in a professional manner by providing a systematic
clinical evaluation approach completed in a timely manner.
- Provides recommendations to identify specific financial goals
and objectives and initiatives to realize Children's Hospital &
Medical Center strategic goals.
- Responsible for coordinating product conversions and
implementations throughout The Children's Healthcare System.
- Ensures all product implementations are completed appropriately
and in a timely manner.
- Strive to continually seek opportunities to obtain and advocate
best valued cost effective products maintain and/or improve quality
and safety of patients and staff.
- Performs the analysis, evaluation and implementation of GPO, or
direct contract opportunities and programs.
- This includes understanding the categories of such contracts,
the financial implications of prices, tiers, rebates and
standardization and the ability to compare these to other supply
- Works to develop and maintain collaborative working
relationships with co-workers, physicians, nurses, vendors,
suppliers and other representative groups to ensure that clinical
service levels are maximized and optimal cost reduction efforts are
- Serves as Clinical Practice Council / Area Action Council
liaison and works directly with departmental leaders to coordinate
introduction of new products.
- Be accountable for communicating upcoming changes, issues and
trends related to clinical supplies and cost reduction
opportunities as directed by Value Analysis/Purchasing
- Responsible for ongoing collaboration with physicians while
working on Physician Preference items.
- Provide data and bring physicians onboard early in the process
to gain acceptance.
- Facilitates process improvement initiatives concentrating on
supply utilization to improve system efficiency and outcomes as
directed.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of the clinical and operational needs unique to a
pediatric healthcare setting.
- Knowledge of systems, procedures, and related supplies involved
in patient care.
- Knowledge of computer applications necessary for data retrieval
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in
- Ability to proficiently manage projects and set
- Ability to balance clinical knowledge and analytical skills in
guiding objective decision making.
- Must have strong team building skills and experience working in
a consensus environment.EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor's degree from an accredited
school of nursing required
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a hospital environment,
preferably a pediatric setting.
- Requires knowledge of theories, principals, and concepts
acquired through the completion of a Bachelor's degree in Nursing
or equivalent experience.CERTIFICATIONS/LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
- Current and valid RN license for the state of Nebraska/or
Compact license required.EOE/Vets/Disabled
About Children's Hospital
When you work at Children's, you're part of a treasured place of
healing in the Omaha community-and beyond. Join our team of highly
engaged, caring professionals who believe deeply in the
organization's mission-to improve the life of every child. We
support equity, diversity and inclusion, and as you apply your
skills and expertise to helping children, you too will have
opportunities to grow your career. In 2021, we'll open the new
Hubbard Center for Children, tripling our capacity to serve
When children are your everything, anything can be---
Keywords: Children's Hospital & Medical Center, Omaha , Value Analysis Analyst, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!