Material Handler - Sign-On Bonus
Company: XPO Logistics Inc.
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Solutions driven success.
XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a
highly integrated network of people, technology and physical
assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a
challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We
want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive
positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and
XPO. If you're looking for a growth opportunity, join us at
$500 sign-on bonus offered to eligible participants hired while the
program is in effect, paid in two installments. Bonuses are subject
to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program
As the Material Handler, you'll play an important role in making
sure freight gets where it needs to go. You'll work alongside a top
caliber management team that understands the transportation
industry. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience
to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for
yourself and XPO. If you're excited about the challenge of working
for a rapidly growing global company, we have an opportunity for
you to grow with XPO.
What you'll do on a typical day:
* Assist with shipping and receiving activities, including
unloading trucks, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders
to sales orders and distributing orders to sales associates for
* Read customer orders, work orders, shipping orders and
requisitions to determine items to be moved, gathered, distributed
* Ensure warehouse is accessible and safe for employee and customer
* Complete your work in a safe manner; adhere to all safety
policies and procedures
* Assemble products and participate in inventory counts as
* Take check calls from drivers, ensuring that loads will deliver
on time; validate all load data prior to marking loads delivered,
for accounting purposes
* Monitor daily pick-ups and deliveries; verify that loads have
arrived on time and in good condition
What you need to succeed at XPO:
It'd be great if you also have:
* Basic written and verbal communication skills
* Basic computer skills
* Availability to work a variety of shifts, including days,
evenings, nights and weekends, due to varying freight volumes
* Dock or warehouse experience in the transportation industry
* Experience loading and unloading trailers
* Experience using handheld scanners
* The ability to apply critical thinking to carry out instructions
furnished in written, verbal or diagram form
This job requires the ability to:
* Must be able to lift, push or pull at least 75 pounds
* Ability to load and unload trucks
Be part of something big.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or
other protected status.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be
required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are not an exhaustive list of all required
responsibilities, duties and skills for this job
Review XPO's candidate privacy statement here.
Nearest Major Market: Omaha
Nearest Secondary Market: Council Bluffs
Job Segment: Shipping and Receiving, Operations
Apply now "
Keywords: XPO Logistics Inc., Omaha , Material Handler - Sign-On Bonus, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!