Company: Boyd Jones Construction
Posted on: June 24, 2022
This position is responsible for the daily management,
coordination and completion of specific tasks associated with the
preconstruction phase of projects. Excellence in this role is
characterized by providing an exceptional experience for our
clients while balancing the quality, construction ability,
scheduling, and budget objectives of the Project Team.
- Prepare detailed budgets and estimates at all stages of design
for negotiated and competitively bid projects.
- Prepare bid packages, receive bids from subcontractors and
vendors, and conduct thorough analysis.
- Develop conceptual cost estimates for projects in planning and
then refine as design progresses.
- Document design and cost changes throughout the preconstruction
- Understand and manage the takeoff and pricing strategies and
procedures for all subcontractor trades.
- Identify and analyze value engineering opportunities.
- Capture and organize data and develop working knowledge of unit
costs, production rates and total building square foot costs.
- Develop and maintain preconstruction process schedules to
communicate timelines, milestones and effects on the construction
- Prepare professional owner proposals and narratives.
- Visit projects during construction to review actual performance
and compare to assumptions made in the preconstruction process to
enhance future estimate preparation.
- Promote the growth and development of client, designer and
- Performs additional duties as required and assigned. Skills and
- Minimum of two years of estimating experience for a commercial
general contractor or multiple subcontractor trades.
- Preferred college degree in a construction related
- Good working knowledge of building design, procurement and
- Proficiency using Microsoft Office (Excel and Word).
- Proficiency using Sage Timberline Estimating software.
Associated topics: bid, commercial, cost estimator, estimate,
estimator, financial analyst, price, purchase, quote,
Keywords: Boyd Jones Construction, Omaha , Estimator, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!