Central Office Technician
Company: American Broadband
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Position Purpose/SummaryAssist in programming of customer
access-lines and DSL circuits. Provide support to inside and
outside technicians. Assist in installations and maintenance of
transmission systems and special circuits. Assist in the
maintenance of telephone company central office equipment.Primary
Duties & Responsibilities
- Primary source for outside plant and customer service personnel
to assist in telephone service orders.
- Maintain records of cable pairs, telephone numbers, and switch
numbers for Blair, Ft. Calhoun, Kennard & Arlington.
- Process service orders for installation, disconnection and
- Assist in IP/PBX programming and trouble tickets.
- Monitor and assist in trouble tickets assigned to the Central
- Terminate wires on mainframe.
- Assist in special circuit installs, repair and administer
- Provide pertinent information to technicians and front office
- Perform Central Office Administrative duties.
- Assist technicians to clearing troubles and help with cable
- Work on IT projects as needed.
- Study various VoIP protocols.
- Keep current with industry technology.
- Learn IT functions and enhanced telecommunications
- Understanding and strictly adhering to the Company's Customer
Proprietary Network Information (CPNI) policy while appropriately
maintaining the confidentiality of customer records.
- Understanding how all departments contribute to the success of
the organization and referring customers and employees to the
appropriate department to best fulfill their needs.
- Building and maintaining a good rapport and cooperative
relationship with customers and co-workers while taking ownership
of responsibilities and being accountable for his/her own
- Being an advocate for Company programs and special events while
taking initiative to participate and volunteering readily when
- Performing all other duties and responsibilities
assigned.Knowledge, Abilities, & Skills for Success
- Effectively communicate in a positive and professional manner
through written and verbal communications in all interfaces with
customers/public, fellow employees, and vendors
- Ability to work as a team member and exert initiative to work
independently to reach a goal
- Ability to use various hand tools
- Broad knowledge of telephony, IP and circuits
- Ability to read and understand tech manuals
- Ability to use Microsoft Office Suite
- Basic knowledge of DC power
- Knowledge of and the ability to comply with CPNI regulations
- Ability to embrace change in the workplace while encouraging
others to seek innovative approaches and the ability to function
effectively as a team player
- Proficient computer skills and the ability to adapt and learn
as programs and processes change.Qualifications
- Associates Degree in Electronics or equivalent work
- 3-5 yrs experience in the telephone Industry
- Outside Plant Experience (preferred)
- Central Office Experience (preferred)
- IT Experience (preferred)Working Conditions
- Must have valid driver's license
- Work overtime as required
- Work frequently in cramped work spaces
- Travel as required for businessAmerican Broadband and all
subsidiaries are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate
diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment
for all employees. PI179300692
Keywords: American Broadband, Omaha , Central Office Technician, Professions , Blair, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!