Company: QC Supply
Posted on: August 6, 2022
Job DescriptionWho are we, really?Sometimes the best things
start out in the garage. For QC Supply, it was a small one located
in Schuyler, Nebraska. QC Supply was founded in 1982 with the
simple goal of helping people grow. Nearly 40 years later, that's
still at the heart of what we do. With our home base remaining in
Schuyler, we went from a small-town operation to a nation-wide
distributor by daring to explore the future of farming.We give a
crop.Your work is more than just a job. It's a lifestyle, and we're
dedicated to matching your commitment. Got a question that needs
answering? We've got your back; stop by one of our locations or
call our live Customer Service Team. Is there a problem that needs
fixing? We'll discover solutions alongside you. At QC Supply, we
provide support, service, and products for today and tomorrow's
needs. Growing out of a garage and into thirty locations, three
regional distribution centers, local service departments, and a
US-based call center takes grit. You take pride in your farm. We
take pride in our commitment to personalized care. Because at the
end of the day, this is all about you.Your PassionQC Supply is
looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist. The chosen
candidate will be responsible for procurement activities involving
a diverse group of products, services and vendors. Primary duties
include cultivating vendor relationships, purchasing and inventory
management. This individual also works to help support the sales
staff and remote locations when needed for special projects.Role
- Maintain and adjust inventory parameters based on current
trends of customer base within company ERP system.
- Utilize strategic procurement practices to maintain company
profitability and work flow.
- Communicate with sales, marketing and branch locations to
understand changes in customer buying habits.
- Align with suppliers that represent the company's goals and
- Maintain supplier price lists and buying parameters in ERP
- Support branch locations with purchase and special orders.
- Have a professional and positive attitude.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in maintaining written procurement
- Recognize and communicate areas of improvement involving
forecasting, vendors and logistics.
- Assist Supply Chain Manager in monitoring and adjusting
inventory based on trend across customer base.
- Support the procurement team and the company as it relates to
the goal and mission of the company.
- Execute and manage daily procurement tasks in a timely fashion.
Including updating and managing delivery dates in the system.
- Utilize Smoothie for demand planning and
forecasting.Qualifications and Education Requirements · Bachelor's
Degree or equivalent experience in the industry
- Ability to work and navigate within Microsoft Office.
- Ability to travel to Home Office in SchuylerPreferred Skills
- Ability and desire to work in a fast paced ever changing
- Willingness to learn and be coached.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Ability to stay organized and manage multiple tasks at once
within a given timeline.
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication to
the mission, vision and values of QC Supply
- Ability to anticipate future trends and engage in new,
forward-thinking approaches. A challenger of "status quo"
- Experience in livestock production, agriculture or a related
field is a plus.
- Previous procurement experience is preferred.
- Strong track record of proven success in business
- Sound business acumen, with solid professional selling
- Strong communicator, with outstanding "positive" influencing
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen
analytics, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think strategically and execute a complex
procurement model.Benefits (Full-time roles only)Medical, Dental,
Vision, Life, Critical Illness, Accident and Group Legal Insurance,
Flex Spending Account, Health Savings Account, paid holidays, PTO
leave, and 401k match available after eligibility requirements are
met.AAP/EEO StatementQC Supply is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We
do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, sex, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or
mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other
basis covered by appropriate law.
Keywords: QC Supply, Omaha , Procurement Specialist, Professions , Elkhorn, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!