Employee Relations Consultant
Company: Methodist Health System
Posted on: September 24, 2022
- Purpose of Job
- Develops relationships and interfaces with external and
internal customers as needed to address employee relations issues,
provide guidance on employee related situations, assist in fielding
questions on all aspects of HR and serve as a consultant/advocate
to employees as well as members of the leadership team.
- Job Requirements
- Bachelor's degree required, preferably in Human Resources
- Continuing education in HR Management, employee relations or
- Requires five to seven years' experience in employee relations
and organization development.
- Experience in facilitating employee relations issues,
developing/supporting policies, facilitating and authoring training
and development program.
- Well-developed written, oral and interpersonal communication
- Ability to organize and monitor several complex issues
- Local travel as needed to serve affiliate needs.
- Requires advanced written and oral communication skills and
advanced knowledge of human resources principles and
- Advanced knowledge of Family Medical Leave Act, federal
accommodations law, employment law and general wage/hour policies
normally acquired with 5-7 years experience in the employee
relations or HR generalist role.
- Physical Requirements
- Weight Demands
- Light Work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force.
- Physical Activity
- Not necessary for the position (0%):
- Occasionally Performed (1%-33%):
- Distinguish colors
- Frequently Performed (34%-66%):
- Repetitive Motions
- Constantly Performed (67%-100%):
- Job Hazards
- Essential Job Functions
- Essential Functions I
- Hires, trains, develops and supervises assigned staff.
- Monitors, counsels and evaluates staff performances.
- Develops relationships with internal and external customers as
- Interfaces with employees, Human Resources (HR) leadership,
Health System Leadership and various legal and governmental agency
representatives on matters pertaining to employee relations.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with the management
teams so as to be viewed as a trustworthy and skilled resources
person while advocating for employees and the organization.
- Assists employees, supervisors, and all levels of management
with resolution of employee-related questions, problems, and/or
related performance improvement activity through advice and
recommendation as suggested by Methodist Health System (MHS)
practice and policy.
- Ensures that employee relations activities comply with
organization's core values, guidelines, administrative practices
and established governmental regulation.
- Assists in investigations and internal audits of employee
relations issues and makes recommendations to resolve issues in
accordance with policies, practices and procedures.
- Partners in providing necessary supporting documentation and
feedback for applicable Equal Employment Opportunity Commission
(EEOC) complaints, unemployment claims, Worker's Compensation,
Family Medical Leave (FML), complex leave of absence cases and exit
- Assists in the development and review of organizational and
division policies and procedures, and designs appropriate courses
- Drafts new policies and revisions to current policies.
- Assists in the development of employee and leadership news
regarding trends, new/updated policies, events and development
- Assist in the development, design and implementation of
workplace learning for a variety of audiences.
- Works collaboratively with Methodist Health System Human
Resources (MHS HR) and Leadership to establish and maintain
organization development/management development programs and
- Develop and conduct leadership educational series.
- Participates in professional development activities and
maintains professional affiliations.
- Essential Functions II
- Participates in mandatory in-services and/or CE programs as
mandated by policies and procedures/external agencies and as
directed by management.
- Follows and understands the mission, vision, core values,
Employee Standards of Behavior and company
- Other duties as assigned.
Keywords: Methodist Health System, Omaha , Employee Relations Consultant, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!