Nutrition Technician I, 20hrs/week, day shift
Company: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job Title: Nutrition Technician I
Job Location: Omaha
Immediate Supervisor: Patient Food Services Manager
- Meets with patient/resident daily to gather meal and snack
selections; specifically discussing individual food preferences and
nutritional content of food/beverage items.
- Enters nutrition requests received into electronic medical
record and meal management software.
- Manages time and activities to meet deadlines.
- Maintains thorough and accurate records.
- Maintains an organized, structured work environment.
- Works cooperatively with nutrition therapists, and other
healthcare clinicians, so that individualized orders are processed
expediently and accurately.
- Coordinates all information received so that each
patient/resident receives consistent nutrition care.
- Rotating weekends, holidays, and on-call coverage are routinely
- Work will be performed in an ethical and legal manner following
organizational policies, processes, protocols and procedures .
- Responsible for quality service delivery and internal/external
customer relations for Madonna as a whole, including upholding the
mission and values for the department and facility. ESSENTIAL
- Visits patients/resident daily to gather meal/snack selections
and enters directly into meal management software.
- Processes payment and meal selections for guest meals upon
- Receives orders via electronic medical record such as, but not
limited to: snacks, encourage fluids, calorie counts, and requests
for change in meal delivery time and/or place; making changes in
meal management software so that all meals are served safely with
the patient-- s/resident-- s rehabilitation and quality of life
goals in mind.
- Answers the phone and checks email throughout the day.
- Evaluate and monitor quality control standards of food and
nutrition services . (PEOPLE)
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with
coworkers and other facility departments to provide a unified
approach to customer care.
- Communicates necessary nutrition care information so all
Nutrition Therapists/Nutrition Technicians II are informed of
changes in a timely manner.
- Interacts with customers and staff in a customer-focused
manner, displaying hospitality and collaboration.
- Follows instruction from manager to perform other functions as
assigned in order to achieve the goals within the department.
- Participate in intradisciplinary/interdisciplinary meetings, as
- Assists in corrective action when unsafe practices are being
performed and alerts director or manager. (THINGS)
- Must be able to operate copier, telephone, fax machine and have
computer skills, including e-mail, word processing, presentation
and spreadsheet functions.
- Complete all mandatory education programs on a yearly basis in
accordance with departmental guidelines.
- Maintains a safe environment for the department.
- Handles and operates all necessary equipment and performs
required duties according to established safety standards to
maintain compliance with regulations and prevent injury.
- Recognizes and adapts activities appropriate to the specific
needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge
of specific issues directly related to the age of the
- Alert the clinical nutrition manager of any problems with
patient meal management software.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
- Light work with routinely pushing a cart and laptop weighing up
- Occasional lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent lift and carry up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent walking.
- Frequent grasping of both hands requiring normal grip strength
based on national averages.
- Requires sufficient sight to see and read reports and computer
- Requires sufficient hearing and speaking to communicate by
phone or in person.
- 100% of work is inside. QUALIFICATIONS (Education/training
- Minimum two years nutrition or related area education
- Associates degree from certified Dietetic Technician program or
a Bachelor's degree in Nutrition and/or Food Service Management
from an accredited college or university preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively, including giving and
- Experience using electronic medical record and nutrition
software preferred. Madonna is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Madonna Rehabilitation Hospital, Omaha , Nutrition Technician I, 20hrs/week, day shift, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!