Electrical Controls Engineer
Company: Airlite Plastics Co.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
How would you contribute?
As an Electrical Controls Engineer you are a key to continued
growth and success of Airlite. This role is responsible for
repairs, installations, calibration upgrades, preventive
maintenance on all equipment pertaining to instrumentation and
controls of production and related process equipment. This role is
responsible for working weekends and holidays, as required by
company maintenance priorities.
- Read and interpret ladder diagrams, control diagrams, and
process instrumentation diagrams (PID) for diagnostics and
- Perform electrical work with voltages ranging from 12 VAC to
480 VAC and 3 phase electrical.
- Draft new designs or redline existing drawings to ensure
documentation is current and accurate.
- Set up, utilize and interpret data logging for controls and
electrical support and troubleshooting.
- Utilize computer programming and software development which
include, but is not limited to; Rslogix500/5000; Siemens step 7/TIA
portal; Visual basic, etc.
- Perform redlining and electrical documentation in AutoCAD.
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on assigned
equipment according to manufacturer s specifications.
- Document work activities in computer logs and keeps accurate
preventive maintenance records.
- In daily work, apply NEC standards control cabinet layout,
design and wiring.
- Visually inspect and test machinery and industrial
- Evaluate new technologies and provide recommendations and
justifications for change.
- Detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations
with support teams to diagnose and repair equipment.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to
- Meet safety, housekeeping and attendance expectations.
- This role is will work weekends and holidays as assigned. Do
you have what it takes?
Airlite Plastics is a versatile employer; complacency is not one of
our strengths! We work hard each day to ensure that equipment
efficiency and customer satisfaction never leave our line of site.
Successful candidates for the role will possess the following:
- Electrical Engineering Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum five (5) year industrial mechanic-related experience is
- Demonstrated proficiency in 12 VAC to 48 VAC and 3 phase
- Previous experience using electrical suite within AutoCAD
- Must have experience applying electrical codes and NEC
Our Core Values Drive Us!
- Do you conduct yourself with unquestionable integrity?
- Do you demonstrate respect and appreciation for those around
- Are you innovative and strive to challenge the status quo?
- Do you strive for continuous improvement and to deliver the
- Do you care about environmentally sustainable solutions?
- Do you take meaning and pride in a job well done?
What s in it for you?
As a Full Time employee, you will be eligible for the following
- Hiring BONUS - ($1000)
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Generous 401k match
- Generous Time Off
- Annual company activities
Keywords: Airlite Plastics Co., Omaha , Electrical Controls Engineer, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!