IT Support Technician
Company: Charles Drew Health Center
Posted on: January 24, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY The Information Technology Support Technician
supports the effective, efficient, and secure operations of all
information technology systems within Charles Drew Health Center,
Inc. The Information Systems Support Technician serves as the
primary help desk and secondary systems administrator for all
Charles Drew Health Center, Inc. activities. POSITION-SPECIFIC
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES Duties and Responsibilities
- Customer Services and Training
- Provide staff, patients, guests, and contractors with top
quality, consistently available computer service, support, and
- Respond to the support requests over the telephone, email,
ticketing system, in person, and via remote control software.
- Document all support requests and IT System changes into the IT
Service Desk system.
- Communicate problems both verbally and in writing to staff and
management and make recommendation for change.
- Assist in the diagnosis, documentation and resolution of
software related errors. Follow up post-resolution with end userse
to ensure their problems have been resolved.
- Ongoing Administration and Maintenance
- Provide support and maintain security of IT systems including
virus definitions, operating system patches, application patches,
access control lists, and physical device security in accordance to
business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy,
security, and regulatory compliance.
- Setup and maintain user accounts, email addresses, and access
to network resources.
- Coordinate and support needs for IT resources for training
sessions, online meetings, and video chat as necessary when
requested by department leaders.
- Deploy endpoint devices as necessary and make requests to
procure new equipment when appropriate.
- Build and maintain operating system images using Windows
- Ensure staff has sufficient supplies to perform daily job
duties such as charged batteries for mobile devices, AC adapters,
digital phones, and printers.
- Additional Job Duties
- Research and assist with the preparation of technical and
administrative reports or documents which include ROI analysis,
implementation plans, training documents, audit reports, PDSA
reports, risk assessments, and other reports or documents as
- Act as a liaison between hardware and software suppliers and
management for informational updates and problem resolution.
- Associates Degree (preferably in Computer Science) and/or at
least 2 years of equivalent work experience in all phases of
computer operations required.
- Experience using the OSI Model for troubleshooting
- Experience using Operating System Deployment using Microsoft
MDT or WDS preferred
- Experience administering Active Directory and Group Policies
- Experience with Help Desk or Desktop support preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Exchange preferred
- Hours of Work: Expect to work 40 hour a week minimum.
- Travel: Local travel required.
- Exposure: The exposure characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this position. For example, while performing
the essential functions of this job, the employee is rarely exposed
to fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals.
Additionally, the employee may occasionally be exposed to
bloodborne and other hazardous chemicals. Finally, the noise level
in the work environment is rarely loud. In all cases personal
protective equipment will be provided to the employee in
combination with adequate ventilation and other engineering
controls to minimize the risk of exposure or other hazardous
- Physical: Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with special challenges to perform these essential
Keywords: Charles Drew Health Center, Omaha , IT Support Technician, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!