Assembly Technician Apprentice
Company: CLAAS Omaha
Posted on: March 20, 2023
Company: CLAAS Omaha Inc. Location: Omaha Start Date: 03/07/2022
Professional Level: Entry LevelFunctional Area: Apprenticeships
Become part of a thriving, international organization that employs
over 11,000 people in 140 countries worldwide. For over 100 years,
CLAAS has contributed to feeding the world. CLAAS Omaha is the
assembly site for North America's LEXION combines and home to a
team spearheading combine and harvesting machinery development.
MUST BE ELIGIBLE TO WORK IN THE U.S. Your role on our team: The
Assembly Technician Apprentice is responsible for learning and
practicing quality workmanship while assembling subassemblies or
parts of subassemblies to the main machine, combine or header.
- Responsible for assemble subassemblies or parts of
subassemblies to the main machine, combine or header, while
verifying own workmanship and readily correcting any assembly
and/or minor fit up problems and using best judgement to avoid
- Assists with the training and instruction of new co-workers
within COL and HR guidelines.
- Provides assistance in planning assembly procedures and
administers the completion of a machine.
- Conducts final functional tests to verify that the assembled
unit operates properly and that a high quality product is delivered
to the customer.
- Regularly reports shop floor related items to the data system
- Responsible to keep work area clutter free and tools in
assigned area clean and orderly at all times.
- Adheres to established company values, practices, policies and
procedures at all times. Follows and supports compliance with all
applicable safety rules, laws, regulations and standards.
- Demonstrates regular and punctual attendance at the assigned
work location. Your profile:
- Minimum of high school degree or equivalent; additional
training and college education is desirable.
- Acceptance into Metropolitan Community College is required
- An apprentice must be at least 18 years of age, except where a
higher age is required by law, and must be employed to learn an
- Ability to read or learn and accurately interpret blueprints,
technical drawings and specifications.
- Ability to fit, align and adjust assembly work to fulfill very
close tolerances and strict inspection requirements preferred.
- Proven ability, as demonstrated through previous experience, to
skillfully use all tools, machinery and equipment necessary for
assembly work, including torque tools and electronic adjusting,
diagnosis and test equipment preferred.
- Must have a good command of the English language, both written
- Farm background and previous large equipment driving experience
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must be able to perform simple shop mathematics.
- Must be able to meet deadlines and handle a high volume
workload in a fast-paced environment with strong attention to
detail. Full Time Benefits Package Includes:
- Premium free health, dental, vision, short-term disability, and
- Competitive paid time off;
- 401(k) with a generous company match;
- Retirement Readiness Program;
- Company-Paid Life Insurance;
- Flexible Spending Accounts;
- Dependent Care Resources Program;
- Tuition Reimbursement;
- Employee Assistance Program, including mental health;
- Wellness Programs including weight loss, diabetes management,
and high blood pressure management;
- Legal & Financial Services;
- Fun & Safe Environment We look forward to your application.
Your contact from our CLAAS Recruiting TeamJeanette WhiteCLAAS
Omaha Inc. Here you can gain exciting insights into the
international working world of our family-owned company: Instagram
Keywords: CLAAS Omaha, Omaha , Assembly Technician Apprentice, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...