Preventative Maintenance Mechanic
Company: Airlite Plastics Co.
Posted on: March 19, 2023
How would you contribute? As a Preventative Maintenance
Mechanic, you are a key to continued growth and success of Airlite.
This role is responsible for performing preventive maintenance on
all equipment with the goal of reducing scrap, increasing
efficiencies and reducing the cost of quality. Repairs and
maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines,
motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, robots, print and
production machines and equipment by performing the following
duties, to include plumbing maintenance. This role is required to
work weekends and holidays, as required by company maintenance
priorities. Essential Duties:
- Perform scheduled preventive maintenance activities on assigned
equipment according to manufacturer s specifications.
- Dismantle defective machines and equipment and install new or
- Assess condition of all equipment.
- Replace, repair or rebuild worn or damaged machine
- Audit equipment conditions and assist in scheduling major
- Maintains effective PM schedule.
- Document work activities in computer logs and keeps accurate
preventive maintenance records.
- Support labor and technical management teams towards meeting
production goals; (Reducing Scrap and COQ and improving operating
- Visually inspects and tests machinery and equipment.
- Detect malfunctions and discusses machine operation variations
with supervisors or other maintenance workers to diagnose problem
or repair machine.
- Responsible for reporting food safety problems to
- Meet safety, housekeeping and attendance expectations. Do you
have what it takes? Airlite Plastics is a versatile employer;
complacency is not one of our strengths! We work hard each day to
ensure that equipment efficiency and customer satisfaction never
leave our line of site. Successful candidates for the Maintenance
Mechanic position will possess the following:
- High school graduate or equivalency; one (1) year industrial
mechanic-related experience degree (A. A.) from two-year college or
- Previous experience with mechanical processes, electrical,
hydraulics, pneumatics, and basic hand tools is preferred.
- Capability to utilize problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work well with other, build partnerships and
support team members.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and tactful in dealing with
people at all levels.
- Must be self-motivated and positive.
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous
- Display highest ethical standards.
- Maintain the utmost level of confidentiality in dealing with
- Detail oriented, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Basic computer skills with the ability to operate Microsoft
- Upholds and supports organizational goals and values.
- Takes initiative and asks for help when needed. Our Core Values
- Do you conduct yourself with unquestionable integrity?
- Do you demonstrate respect and appreciation for those around
- Are you innovative and strive to challenge the status quo?
- Do you strive for continuous improvement and to deliver the wow
- Do you care about environmentally sustainable solutions?
- Do you take meaning and pride in a job well done? What s in it
for you? As a Full time employee, you will be eligible for the
- $1000 Hiring Bonus
- Weekly pay
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Company paid life insurance
- Company paid short term disability
- Generous 401k match
- Generous Time Off
- Annual company activities
Keywords: Airlite Plastics Co., Omaha , Preventative Maintenance Mechanic, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...