Vice President Procurement - Indirect
Company: Sourcing Industry Group (SIG)
Posted on: May 28, 2023
Reporting to the SVP & Chief Procurement Officer you will manage
Conagra's Indirect procurement activities which require broad
exposure to top management within Marketing, GBIS, HR, Legal,
Engineering, Plant, end-to-end Supply Chain organization, and
diversity of suppliers. Responsibilities include development and
implementing the Enterprise Purchasing vision for Corporate
(including Marketing and IS/IT) and plant (including capital and
MRO) Indirects. An understanding of industry dynamics, evolving
supplier capabilities and enterprise demands is required. You will
lead supplier identification, negotiation, selection, and
contracting with a scope of $1.8 Billion in annualized
- Manage the development of common procurement processes across
all Indirect materials and services spend areas for $1.8 billion in
annual purchasing volume
- Lead supplier management, category strategy and cost reduction
efforts while delivering supply assurance in these complex
- Communicate to team members and agreement on external customers
on strategy, position, and activities.
- Develop reporting activities for cost reduction, changing
industry dynamics and project timelines.
- Assure the service and quality requirements of ConAgra Foods
are met, along with the required innovation and product
- Provide guidance and direction in the professional development
of direct and in-direct reports.
- Work with Operating Groups/Brands to resolve all supply chain
issues related to Indirect Procurement.
- Assess new areas of enterprise leverage, including engagement
with Contract Manufacturing locations.
- Navigate diverse team member management across the full
Indirect spend spectrum.You Have:
- Bachelor's degree; MBA or advanced degree.
- 12 + years of significant and diverse management experience in
procurement or in combination with food manufacturing plant
- Ability to be a team player; use analytical and management
skills to lead a diverse group forward.
- Knowledge of the food business. Understanding of economics,
technical issues and ability to perform independent value
- Demonstrated Procurement supply chain proficiency including
material requirements planning, transportation and warehousing
processes and prefer working knowledge of SAP and ICIX.
- Demonstrated strengths in relationship building, problem
solving and conflict management.
- The ability to build teams motivated to work together to
achieve tangible measurable results.
- Problem solving skills and the ability to think "outside the
- An executive of unquestionable integrity, empathy,
personable/open with an intense professional will, a sense of self,
ambition for us and not for themselves alone.
- Desire to approach work as a learning opportunity.
- Project management capabilities.
- Experience with Excel (can maintain complex spreadsheets),
Word, PowerPoint, and Access. SAP and Right Angle experience.Our
Modern Workplace:Conagra's culture of collaboration enhances our
ability to meet critical business goals, deliver value to customers
and consumers and provide you with the flexibility you need to
achieve a better work-life balance. We carefully consider each role
and how often each team member needs to collaborate in-person. This
position requires you work from our Chicago or Omaha office 4 days
a week.#LI-MC1#LI-Onsite#LI-ExecutiveWe care about your total
well-being and will support you with the following, subject to your
location and role:
- Health: Medical, dental and vision insurance, company-paid
life, accident and disability insurance
- Wealth: great pay, -incentive opportunity, -matching 401(k) and
stock purchase plan
- Growth: online courses, virtual and classroom development
- Balance: paid-time off, -parental -leave, -flexible
work-schedules -(subject to your location and role) Our Company:
Conagra Brands is one -of -North America's -leading -branded food
companies. -We have a rich heritage of making great food, and a
team that's passionate about innovation and growth. -Conagra offers
choices for every occasion through iconic brands, such as Birds Eye
-, -Marie Callender's -, Banquet -, Healthy Choice -, Slim Jim -,
Reddi-wip -, and Vlasic -, and emerging brands, including Angie's -
BOOMCHICKAPOP -, Duke's -, Earth Balance -, Gardein -, and Frontera
-.We pride ourselves on having the most impactful, energized and
inclusive culture in the food industry. For more information, visit
-www.conagrabrands.com .Conagra Brands -is an equal opportunity
employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin,
gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age,
pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic
information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by
national, federal, state or local law. - NextRoll and our
advertising partners process personal data to: --- Store and/or
access information on a device; --- Create a personalized content
profile; --- Select personalised content; --- Personalized ads, ad
measurement and audience insights; --- Product development. For
some of the purposes above, our advertising partners: --- Use
precise geolocation data. Some of our partners rely on their
legitimate business interests to process personal data. View our
advertising partners if you wish to provide or deny consent for
specific partners, review the purposes each partner believes they
have a legitimate interest for, and object to such processing. If
you select Decline All, you will still be able to view content on
this site and you will still receive advertising, but the
advertising will not be tailored for you. You may change your
setting whenever you see the on this site.
Keywords: Sourcing Industry Group (SIG), Omaha , Vice President Procurement - Indirect, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...