Electromechanical Technician I
Company: Valmont Industries, Inc.
Posted on: September 18, 2023
28800 Ida St Valley Nebraska 68064-8016Why Valmont--We're Here
to Move the World Forward.Valmont impacts millions of people around
the world every day, yet they might not realize the many ways. Our
technology is helping feed the growing population, supplying the
world with more reliable energy and access to renewables, enhancing
connectivity in remote and urban locations to create a sustainable
future and so much more. Simply put, Valmont is advancing
agricultural productivity and reimagining vital infrastructure to
make life better.Join a Fortune 1000 company that respects hard
work, honors diversity and invests in our employees as we focus on
creating the world of tomorrow, today. We are the modern workforce.
Are you ready to move the world forward? Apply now.
Are you looking for a culture that promotes growth opportunities?
Do you have a technical mindset and enjoy hands-on work? Is safety
important to you? You're in the right place! Check out our
Electromechanical Technician I role that starts at $27.92/hour +
$2.00 shift differential. We are looking for 3rd Shift: Sunday
through Thursday 11:00PM to 7:00AM.
Interview Process: Phone Screen, Online Test, Interview with Team,
A Brief Summary of This Position: Perform accomplished technical
work in areas of installation, maintenance and repair of
electrical, electronic, and mechanical equipment with a wide
knowledge and high degree of proficiency. You will assist with new
installations of equipment and perform common repairs and
replacements. You will need to follow Arc Flash requirements which
are important to the job. You will assist with installation of
distribution equipment including gutters, disconnects, conduits and
cables following UL and National Electrical Code and the proper
replacement or adjustment of mechanical clutches and drive trains.
You will perform minor electrical functions which include
installation and repair of lighting up to 110V, repair of small
fixtures, fans, and appliances while also assisting with repair of
welders, wire feeds, plasma cutters, and motors over 110V. You will
help perform electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair
plant production equipment. You will use trouble shooting aids,
such as digital VOM to interpret readings. The types of equipment
serviced and maintained include: cranes, lathes, drills, presses,
press brakes, shears, robots, tube mills, high frequency induction
equipment, distribution equipment, CNC and NC equipment. Apart from
general house cleaning tasks, you will also perform general
responsibilities such as recording labor and materials and the
reporting of abnormal conditions and safety hazards. You will also
occasionally be in charge of different industrial lifting equipment
and will operate all the hoists and forklifts.
- Electrical and electronic and hydraulic and pneumatic
- Drop power to a machine, replacing proximity switches,
replacing a hydraulic pump, replacing a hydraulic or pneumatic
cylinder, or installing a Hoffman box with PLC.
- Determine if installation of low voltage electrical equipment
meets National Electrical Codes, OSHA and Valmont Safety Standards
is a decision of the technician.
- Troubleshoot electronic, electrical, and mechanical systems
that do require considerable judgment although final diagnostic of
a problem is not normally done by a tier 1 technician.
- Decide whether or not equipment can run or needs immediate
attention for repairs. You may be called upon by a supervisor or
lead to summarize jobs and give evaluations.Other Important Details
about the Role:
- Responsible for hand tools, electrical tools, volt/ohm and amp
meters and other testing equipment, welders, including
transportation equipment and lifting equipment.
- Required considerable care and attention to minimize damage to
gauges, tools and equipment.
- Pre-use checklists will be filled out by you for forklifts and
other material handling equipment.
- Lockout/tagout procedures are mandatory.
- Partner with a lesser-experienced technician. In this case, you
will need to take care that the lesser-experienced technician is
working safely and correctly.
- Assist the new co-worker with the task at hand.Required
Qualifications of Every Candidate (Education, Experience,
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities):
- A High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Climb and work at elevated heights of up to eighty feet.
- One year of previous experience maintaining industrial
- One year of previous experience using industrial lifting
equipment, cranes or hoists.
- One year of previous experience using at least one of the
following troubleshooting aides: thermography gun, digital VOM,
volt, ohm or amp meters.
- Interpret electrical schematics, blueprints and National
Electrical Code books for both AC & DC electrical systems.
- Read hydraulic and pneumatic valves and prints.
- Pass the written Electromechanical Technician 1 test with a
minimum score of 69 and a level 1 hands-on test.
- A working knowledge of using email.Highly Qualified Candidates
Will Also Possess These Qualifications:
- Operate a forklift.
- Experience welding and fabricating.
- Experience with pneumatic, hydraulic, and mechanical
- Experience with low-voltage electrical / electronic
- A degree in Electromechanical Technology.Valmont does not
discriminate against any employee or applicant in employment
opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age,
genetic information, veteran status, disability or any other
characteristic protected by law. --Reasonable accommodation may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
If you have a disability and require any assistance in filling out
the application for employment email
Keywords: Valmont Industries, Inc., Omaha , Electromechanical Technician I, Professions , Valley, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!