Company: Sampson Construction
Posted on: September 18, 2023
Sampson Construction has built its reputation for integrity by
serving as a trusted partner in commercial construction for 70
years! Our people, technology, and innovative methods are key to
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Superintendent directs the activities of workers concerned with
construction of buildings or other construction projects. Assists
in planning the construction procedures, specifications, work
schedules, and material needs. Inspects work in progress to ensure
that work conforms to specifications and adherence to work
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to multitask.
- Understanding of the various building types and construction
methods (steel frame, masonry, pre-cast building, pre-engineered
metal building, wood framed building, etc.).
- Understanding of the different construction delivery
- Ability to read and understand plans and specifications.
- Understands and implements safety procedures and
- Organizes and maintains onsite files, plans, specifications,
and construction activity logs.
- Analysis of critical path work.
- Knowledge of the permitting process, building codes,
regulations and inspections.
- Requisition supplies and materials to complete construction
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather,
or emergencies at construction site.
- Communicate with general superintendents, management, owners,
contractors, and design professionals to discuss and resolve
matters such as work procedures and construction challenges.
- Direct and supervise workers and subcontractors.
- Interpret and explain plans and specifications to workers,
subcontractors and clients.
- Plan, organize, and direct activities concerned with the
construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and
systems. Coordinates subcontractors and crews.
- Schedule the project in logical steps to meet time line of
critical path work.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction
- Inspect self-performed and subcontractor work for quality and
correct construction methods (quality control).
- Site layout and use of layout instruments.
- Use of basic hand tools and basic power tools.
- Ability to operate basic equipment (forklift, skid loader,
water pumps, grinders, bobcat attachments, tamps, lifts).
- Finish carpentry skills.
- Building framing skills.
- Form building and ability to use form systems.
- Ensure that proper safety (wearing hard hat, safety glasses,
hearing protection, etc.) and incident reporting procedures are
followed. Bring problems to the attention of the General
Superintendent, Safety Director or HR Director.
- Performs additional tasks as required or assigned.
- Knowledge of proper use of equipment, materials and supplies
used in heavy construction work.
- Knowledge of various building types and construction
- Knowledge of first aid and applicable safety precautions.
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities
according to work schedule.
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods
of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field
- Ability to work safely around heavy equipment in
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing.
- Ability to use small equipment and tools properly and
- Ability to understand, follow and transmit written and oral
- Ability to meet attendance schedule with dependability and
EDUCATION & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Any combination of education and experience that demonstrates
the knowledge and ability to perform the work.
- Willingness and ability to perform manual work following verbal
and written instructions.
- Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in outside
conditions that include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and
exposure to dust.
- Must be able to lift 100 pounds. Must be able to push, pull or
carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide
support over time without fatigue.
- Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands)
and multi-limb coordination.
- Noise level is generally loud.
Sampson Construction is dedicated to advancing diversity, inclusion
and equality in everything that we do. As an Equal Opportunity and
Affirmative Action Employer, we encourage applications from All
qualified candidates and assure they will receive consideration for
this position regardless of sex, race, color, national origin,
religion, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information,
marital status, sexual orientation, or gender identity.
Keywords: Sampson Construction, Omaha , Construction Superintendent, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!