Virtual Design and Construction Designer - Omaha
Posted on: January 15, 2019
Employer is growing, and we are currently seeking a Virtual Design and Construction Designer to join our Interstate Construction Team on the National Traveling Team. We are seeking an individual that wants to push the limits, step up to the challenges and win. If you want to join a team that will that will push you to the next level the VDC Designer position is for you. Do you have what it takes? The primary role of the Virtual Design & Construction Designer (VDC Designer) is to lead project implementation of VDC technology and related processes. The VDC Designer is the contact between the field, business units and corporate office. You will need to be proficient in multiple 3D programs to coordinate and collaborate throughout the constructions process. (Revit, Navisworks Manage, ect---) Great communication and collaboration skills are a must.
Primary Job Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coordinate all BIM Modeling in Revit and maintain knowledge of trends in the BIM field
* Identify constructability issues, missing information and notify project team of these issues
* Ability to translate 2D drawings and specs into a complete 3D/4D models
* Create fabrication drawings that are professional and accurate using architectural, structural, mechanical, and electrical contract prints consistent with company standards.
* Maintain project BIM execution plan
* Estimate and establish VDC resources, budget and schedule for assigned project
* Develop documents and implement practices and standards to optimize efficiency of projects
* Complete other responsibilities as assigned by site management
* This is a traveling position, you will be traveling from job to job, (higher wages and per diem for all traveling positions)
Education and/or Experience:
* Associates Degree (A.A., A.S.) from a two-year community college or technical college with an emphasis in Design and Construction
* OR 4 years of related electrical training and drafting knowledge
* OR equivalent combination of education and related experience/training
* Experience with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, etc.)
* Experience with REVIT drafting software
* Able to communicate clearly with clients and other Employer team members through both verbal and written communication
* Must possess the ability to work cooperatively with others.
* Must have a basic understanding of internal controls.
* Able to prioritize work and deal with stress
Travel: Periodic Travel
Pay: Competitive pay DOE, health, dental, vision, 401k, profit sharing, short/long term disability, life insurance, and per diem
Why work for us?
For over fifty years, we've tackled complex challenges and developed innovative solutions. Yet, the most impressive thing we've built is our team. At Employer we treat each other like family, because the foundation of our success is our team. We've created a collaborative workplace based on trust, integrity, and support. We offer opportunities for education and career growth, one of the best safety records in the business, and benefits that put our families first.
Keywords: Interstates, Omaha , Virtual Design and Construction Designer - Omaha, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!