183-DC-Freight Handler - LAVISTA 6AM-3:30PM - $500 Hiring Incentive!!
Company: Stage Stores
Posted on: June 15, 2019
Location:NE - Omaha
Address:9202 "F" Street
Country:United States of America
Category:DC - Shipping/Receiving
WORK AT OUR NEW ANNEX IN LAVISTA - 8701 S. 126 ST
This position is responsible for unloading/loading of cartons and
pallets to/from trailers and the movement of merchandise by hand
and/or pallet jack. This position may also be responsible for
building and shrink-wrapping pallets of merchandise to prepare for
receipt or shipment.
We are currently offering something bigger and better; a hiring
bonus up to $500!! for applicants that hire on with us between June
9, 2019 and July 10, 2019.
You can earn a $500 sign on bonus when you join:
- $100 at 60 days, 90 days, 120 days and $200 at 160 days
- The max amount earned will not exceed $500
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Build merchandise onto pallets and/or from: conveyor, pallets,
floor, rollers, or racks by hand that can withstand transportation
through the DC and from the DC through transport to stores
- Separate merchandise for processing by PO number, specific
stores, warehouse location or other instructions. Maintain
integrity of products through proper handling
- Review and assure accuracy of merchandise for store numbers,
damage, overages and shortages
- Verify information on tickets, receiving doc and packing slip;
including quantities, vendor and order number
- Process merchandise by color, style and size as indicated on
receiving check-in sheet and/or the scanner/PTL screen
- Accurately count and document the number of cartons unloaded
for each order and trailer. Document all overages, shortages,
damages, and sign BOL's
- Use scanner to process merchandise for accurate inventory and
- Apply shrink-wrap and/or seal merchandise for trailers as
- Identify any problems and forward all necessary paperwork to
the Department Lead/Area Specialist
- Prepare area for next order by disposing of debris and properly
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to sufficiently understand the English language to
communicate clearly with individuals at all levels in the Company
and to read and comprehend freight instructions.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to meet area production expectations
- Ability to work as a team member or independently as
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Ability to perform all essential job functions
- Previous work-related experience, is helpful, but not
- Ability to learn the techniques of the job to which you are
- Ability to lift weight of up to 75 pounds on a continual basis
with occasional team lift required.
- Ability to complete overhead work with pallet stacks up to 7-9
feet in height.
- Ability to handle temperature fluctuations within working
- Able to walk, stand, stoop, squat, turn and bend for shifts up
to ten hours, with appropriate breaks.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to lift overhead and perform
check-in and splitting functions.
- Must be able to work assigned hours per week with overtime and
weekends when required.
- Be able to work as assigned by immediately available supervisor
and able to complete repeated assignment independently.
- Must be able to work in a distribution center environment which
includes working on concrete surfaces with low to sometimes above
average noise level.
- May be required to work at a rapid pace for a long period of
Thank you for your interest in working at the Gordman's
Distribution Center and for Stage Stores. We offer a generous
benefit package including health, dental, vision, life insurance,
paid holidays, Paid Time Off (PTO), 401 (k), retirement plan, a 20%
off discount at all stores, 401k matching, Verizon discount, a
casual dress code, and more.
All potential associates of Gordman's/Stage Stores will be required
to successfully pass a pre-employment drug screening and background
check prior to employment.
Equal Opportuinity Employer
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
There has never been a better time to join the company whose growth
knows no boundaries. The company that rewards your success with
better pay, better benefits, better atmosphere, and better career
Back to Results
- Save this Job
- Refer this Job
Copyright -- 2000 - 2019 by Cadient LLC.
All rights reserved.
U. S. Patents 7,080,057; 7,310,626; 7,558,767; 7,562,059;
7,472,097; 7,606,778; 8,086,558 and 8,046,251.
Keywords: Stage Stores, Omaha , 183-DC-Freight Handler - LAVISTA 6AM-3:30PM - $500 Hiring Incentive!!, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!