Senior Treasury & Tax Analyst
Company: Children's Hospital (Omaha)
Posted on: July 14, 2019
Just like the children we serve, Children's is growing quickly and
hiring a Senior Treasury and Tax Analyst to manage Treasury
functions including cash management, banking relationships,
investments, bonds, debt, and payments. Lead the preparation of
Hospital and Foundation 990's and other regulatory reporting
requirements such as compliance with 501r requirements. Ensure
accounting is in accordance with GAAP, healthcare, and NFP
accounting standards. Assist with external audit coordination and
other external reporting. Analyze financial data in order to
prepare reports, analysis and forecasts. Lead projects and provides
training and guidance to team.
% of Time 55%
- Manages treasury functions including cash management, banking
relationships, investments, bonds and debt, hedge strategies,
treasury risk management, and reporting.
- Oversees short and long term cash flow and investment
forecasting, modeling and long range capital planning
- Manages corporate credit card program
- Oversees bond covenant compliance and reporting and other
- Responsible for preparation of reporting for credit ratings,
DAC, board and investment committee packets/presentations
- Ensures the accuracy of financial statements by maintaining
records of assets, liabilities, profit and loss or other financial
- Manages and reviews journal entries and account
- Responsible for month end variance review and analysis.
- Collaborates with Financial Reporting team and assists with
management of month end close processes and reporting including
preparation and review of financial statements, memos, and board
- Oversees preparation of budget for assigned areas
- Recommends and implements process improvements
- Leads preparation of Hospital and Foundation 990's and other
IRS reporting requirements
- Ensures organization is in compliance with IRS and other
regulatory reporting requirements including but not limited to
501r, CHNA, and community benefit requirements
- Manages and maintains internal controls, polices, practices,
and procedures for areas of responsibility by evaluating,
implementing, and maintaining proper internal controls
- Manages and ensures compliance with GAAP, FASB, IRS, and other
- Consults and advises Accounting Director on accounting issues,
compliance and risk management
Regular attendance at work is an essential function of the job.
Perform physical requirements as described in the Physical
Requirements section SECONDARY FUNCTIONS/COMPETENCIES 5%
- Performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to communicate complex concepts in simple form to
non-finance users to understand the appropriate use and limits of
- High level of systems analysis and problem solving skills
necessary in order to develop and implement new procedures and
- Ability to utilize critical thinking skills, do strategic
planning and project management.
- High sense of purpose and urgency and strong analytical
- Ability to work with tight deadlines and identify priorities in
a fast-paced, highly visible environment while maintaining
attention to detail.
- Strong people and interpersonal skills; ability to build
relationships; team player.
- Ability to effectively implement change.
- Demonstrated experience teaching, mentoring and developing
skills sets, where appropriate.
- Ability to take complex analytical data and synthesize it in
reportable and understandable context.
- Strong written and oral communication skills are
- Knowledge of FASB reporting requirements and generally accepted
accounting principles (GAAP) compliance reporting
- Strong working knowledge of IRS reporting requirements.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in finance or accounting required
- CPA or CTP required, MBA or Masters of Accounting degree may be
accepted in lieu of CPA or CTP.
- Seven years of experience in business, accounting, or related
field required including working with financial systems.
- Experience working with financial and bank software systems,
including operations, forecasting and modeling, analysis,
statistics and budgeting preferred.
Keywords: Children's Hospital (Omaha), Omaha , Senior Treasury & Tax Analyst, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!