Facility Maintenance Technician II
Company: Cox Communications
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Cox Communications is the largest private telecom company in
America, and we proudly serve six million homes and businesses
across 18 states. At Cox, we are committed to creating meaningful
moments of human connection, not only with our products and
services, but also with our career opportunities. Come connect with
us, and lets build a better future together.
Role Summary ? Responsible for daily facility operations and
maintenance of administration, retail, warehouse Cox owned and
leased buildings.?? May assist with building security, energy
conservation, reception and mailroom operations, office equipment
and furnishing procurement.? Oversees new facility plan execution
and build-out. ?Ensures compliance with all local, state, federal
and OSHA facilities related regulations.? ? Primary
Responsibilities and Essential Functions?
- Performs basic electrical work, preventative maintenance of
HVAC, basic plumbing, office furniture repairs/cleaning, office
relocations, furniture tear-down/reconstruction, basic carpentry
work, light bulb replacements, mounting bulletin boards, white
boards, TV?s, pictures etc. and conducts routine inspection of such
- Operates and adjusts Building Management Systems (BMS) for
seasonal and local comfort.
- Plans reconfigurations and relocates furniture and office
equipment, as well as set up and take down of furniture/audio
visual equipment for meetings and special events in house or at
remote locations as required by event planning.
- Contacts vendors/contractors to solicit cost estimates,
references, etc. ??Reviews invoices, audits for accuracy and
processes for payment.
- Performs quarterly building inspection of all market buildings
to include: Administration, Retail, Technical and Warehouse; enters
data on checklist and worksheet. Solicits repair proposals as
needed, notifies manager of repairs exceeding approval
- Responds to emergency calls, evaluates damages and takes
necessary steps to protect customers, employees and property.? When
directed, may assume lead role in emergency response.
- Assumes lead role in facilities maintenance and
- Reviews work request queue daily.? Takes action on tickets as
directed and/or needed to meet SLA.
- Observes, reports and/or remediates safety matters.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and parts including purchases
of small tools and equipment ? ? ?Qualifications:Minimum
- HS diploma, GED or relevant work experience
- 2 or more years of experience in related field (facilities
- Requires strong knowledge of building system terms and
technology; Microsoft Office applications, i.e. Word and Excel
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
- Excellent organizational, prioitization, multi-tasking, math,
written, verbal and collaborative skills to work effectively with
teams throughout the organization
- Valid local State Drivers? License with driving record that
meets Cox standards ? Preferred?
- AS/AA or Technical Certification in related discipline strongly
- Prefer certification in operating lifting equipment
- Experience in telecommunications industry desired.
- Experience operating commercial chillers, cooling towers,
boilers, VFD drives & pumps.
- Experience operating automated Building Management Systems to
include Central Plant, HVAC controls and automated lighting
About Cox CommunicationsCox Communications?is committed to creating
meaningful moments of human connection through broadband
applications and services. The largest private telecom company in
America, we proudly serve six million homes and businesses across
18 states. We're dedicated to empowering others to build a better
future and celebrate diverse products, people, suppliers,
communities and the characteristics that makes each one unique. Cox
Communications is the largest division of Cox Enterprises, a
family-owned business founded in 1898 by Governor?James M. Cox.Cox
is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer - All qualified
applicants/employees will receive consideration for employment
without regard to that individual's age, race, color, religion or
creed, national origin or ancestry, sex (including pregnancy),
sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, physical or mental
disability, veteran status, genetic information, ethnicity,
citizenship, or any other characteristic protected by law.Statement
to ALL Third-Party Agencies and Similar Organizations:? Cox accepts
resumes only from agencies with which we formally engage their
services.? Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking
system, Cox employees, Cox hiring manager, or send to any Cox
facility.? Cox is not responsible for any fees or charges
associated with unsolicited resumes.
Keywords: Cox Communications, Omaha , Facility Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!