Sales Estimator - Omaha, NE
Company: CRH Americas Materials
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Job ID: 434579Headquartered in Omaha, Lyman-Richey Corporation,
A CRH Company, employs nearly 800 people in its eight aggregate and
concrete companies across central and eastern Nebraska and western
Iowa. Lyman-Richey Corporation has been providing top-quality
construction materials and superior service to customers and
contractors in the region for more than 130 years. Position
OverviewResearch various construction projects in our markets by
utilizing the internet, professional organizations, periodicals,
and other forums to facilitate LRC bidding on projects by and of
our operating companies. Will distribute project information to
applicable representatives from within our operating companies to
begin and aid in the solicitation and/or proposal process.Key
Responsibilities (Essential Duties and Functions)
- Perform concrete and related material takeoffs (mix
specifications and rough quantities) from plans and specifications
at customers' locations or from online services.
- Attend pre-bid meetings to take notes and relay information to
appropriate departments and personnel.
- Identify concrete, aggregates, and related materials within the
specifications of identified projects.
- Address customer inquiries or concerns related to LRC products
and services. May be responsible for contacting the customer
directly for clarification on quotes, resolving issues or other
- Possess or develop the knowledge of basic concrete
- Prepare verbal and/or written quotations of concrete and
related materials for bidding purposes, commercial projects, annual
customer requirements, state, county, and municipal
- Input quotes into appropriate computer systems using
information gathered and/or submitted by sales personnel.
- Track the projects quoted and follow-up on the sale of
- Prepare project price information for the sale of the products
quoted and/or required.
- Assist and provide Quality Control Manager with required
information for the proper preparation of the concrete and material
certifications for specific projects.
- Other duties as assigned.Qualifications To perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. Employee may be assigned duties which are not
listed, reasonable accommodations will be made as required.
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Bachelor's degree in Construction Management or comparable
discipline and/or equivalent combination of knowledge, skill, and
- ACI Grade 1 Concrete Field-Testing Technician Certification or
- Experience in building materials/construction industry
- Must be 18 years in age or older.
- Must pass pre-employment physical, drug screen and criminal
- Strict adherence to safety requirements and procedures as
outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- Regular and consistent attendance is required including
reporting to work at the designated start time. Must be willing to
travel and work away from home when required (less than 10% of the
- Willingness to work independently within a team environment and
assist the team with other duties as required.Knowledge/Skill
- Ability to follow written and oral instructions and complete
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to operate a computer and software applications.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Ability to be self-sufficient and perform tasks and duties
without immediate supervision.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working
relationships with other employees and managers.
- Always demonstrate proper etiquette, representing LRC
professionally and courteously to current and prospective
- Maintain current knowledge of the building materials and
construction industry including attendance at industry related
functions when necessary.
- Demonstrate excellent attention to detail including the ability
to recognize discrepancies.Physical Requirements
- Employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel and talk or hear.
- Employee is frequently required to reach with hands and
- Employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and stoop,
kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to communicate with others by telephone and
- Standard office EnvironmentThe statements included in this job
description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent
typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully perform the
job. Other duties may be assigned as required. Requirements for
this job are subject to modification by the Company and its
designees, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions.What CRH Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and
internal promotionAbout CRHCRH has a long and proud heritage. We
are a collection of hundreds of family businesses, regional
companies and large enterprises that together form the CRH family.
CRH operates in a decentralized, diversified structure that allows
you to work in a small company environment while having the career
opportunities of large international organization.If you're up for
a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and
apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our
official employment application. Please complete your online
profile and it will be sent to the hiring manager. Our system
allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you
for your interest! Lyman-Richey Corporation, A CRH Company, is an
Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity
Employer.EOE/Vet/Disability--If you want to know more, please click
on this link .
Keywords: CRH Americas Materials, Omaha , Sales Estimator - Omaha, NE, Sales , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!