Paraprofessional, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (Starts at: $15.90 per hour)
Company: Omaha Public Schools
Posted on: March 20, 2023
POSITION TITLE: Paraprofessional - Early Childhood Special
Education (ECSE) RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with children individually or in small groups under
- Be assigned to miscellaneous duties around the classrooms;
i.e., bulletin boards, preparing materials, readying the equipment,
house cleaning, preparing snacks, duplicating materials, etc.
- Assist children in specific arts and crafts activities.
- Ability to lift a minimum of 50 pounds, and be able to adapt to
the physical demands of this position
- Assist/accompany students during transitions in and out of the
- Assist the teacher in routine reporting and accounting of
- Assist the teacher in helping students remove and put on outer
- Assist in positioning and bracing of students
- Help in unusual situations, i.e., field trips, fire drills,
tornado drills, etc.
- Observe and record behavior, as well as assist in the
utilization of techniques designed by the teacher.
- Assist the students in toileting and self-care activities;
i.e., washing, brushing teeth, diapering, etc.
- Assist with lifting students.
- Other duties as assigned by the teacher and/or supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONSAn Associates degree, OR completion of 48 semester
hours or 72 quarter hours at an institution of higher learning, OR
demonstrated proficiency in the ability to assist in the
instruction of reading, writing and mathematics via state or
locally approved competency test.
- Associates Degree or Child Development Associate Certificate
- Willingness to complete early childhood education
- Knowledge of the Head Start Performance Standards,
- Must be able to physically interact with children, including
bending, kneeling, sitting on the floor, lifting, climbing and
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50 pounds.
- Must be flexible and able to adapt to sudden changes.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Ability to follow oral and written directions
- Ability to work with diverse populations.
- Ability to demonstrate appropriate communication skills
- Evidence of good mental and physical health.
- Dependable with good work attendance record.
- Skills pertinent to positive human relationships and ability to
work effectively with instructional staff, students, parents,
administration and the community. OTHER INFORMATION: Reports to:
Building PrincipalWork Schedule: 7.0 hours per day, Monday through
Friday, 10 Month, Non-ExemptSalary: Wages are administered
consistent with negotiated agreement or board adopted salary
schedule. Terms of EmploymentThis position is treated as a
full-time non-exempt classified position. The terms of your
employment will be governed by applicable state laws regulating
employment in a Nebraska public school and Board of Education
policies, as those laws and policies may change from time to time.
If your position is represented by a collective bargaining
representative, then your employment will also be governed by a
negotiated agreement between OPS and that collective bargaining
representative. The offer of employment is contingent upon:
- Obtaining and providing verification of all licenses,
certificates, and other requirements for the position (e.g.,
Paraprofessionals obtaining Highly Qualified status, etc.), as
identified and maintaining all licenses, certificates, and
requirements for your position throughout employment.
- A background check which demonstrates to OPS that background is
acceptable for the position.
- Verification of U.S. citizenship or legal authorization to work
in the United States.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (if
required for position offered).
- Successful completion of a tuberculosis skin test (if required
for position offered).
- Successful completion of a pre-employment medical examination
to determine ability to safely and effectively perform the
essential functions of the position.Omaha public schools does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin,
religion, sex (including pregnancy), marital status, sexual
orientation, disability, age, genetic information, gender identity,
gender expression, citizenship status, veteran status, political
affiliation or economic status in its programs, activities,
employment, and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other
designated youth groups. The following individual has been
designated to handle inquiries regarding the non-discrimination
policies: Director for the Office of Equity and Diversity, 3215
Cuming Street, Omaha, NE 68131. ) The Omaha Public School District
is committed to providing access and reasonable accommodation in
its services, programs, activities, education and employment for
individuals with disabilities. To request disability accommodation
in the application process please contact the human resources
department at .
Keywords: Omaha Public Schools, Omaha , Paraprofessional, Early Childhood Special Education (ECSE) (Starts at: $15.90 per hour), Education / Teaching , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...