Patient Resource Assistant
Company: Nebraska Medicine
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Serious Medicine is what we do. Being extraordinary is who we
are. Every colleague plays a key role in upholding this promise to
our patients and their families. Please note that this position may
require an assessment after completion of the application. Please
plan for an additional 20 - 30 minutes to complete this.
Shift:Second Shift (United States of America)Patient Resource
Assistant for Inpatient Transport Department
- Full time & Part time openings
- Day Shift and Evening Shifts available working varied days
Monday - Sunday. Why Nebraska Medicine: Our shared values reflect
who we are and why we're here and include, Innovation, Teamwork,
Excellence, Accountability, Courage and Healing.
- Competitive Benefits including retirement match contribution,
PTO accrual, tuition reimbursement
- Lead the world in transforming lives to create a healthy future
for all individuals and communities through premier educational
programs, innovative research and extraordinary patient care
- Forbes Magazine recognizes us in their list of American's top
employers and the best employer in NebraskaJob Role:
- Perform identified non-clinical tasks as assigned or delegated
to support team environment to meet patient care and unit based
needs. Transport patients to and from their rooms to treatment
rooms either by wheelchair or gurney. Based on department need, may
be responsible for observing, communicating/interacting with
confused, violent, combative or suicidal patients with the intent
to prevent injury.Required Qualifications:
- High school education or equivalent required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification endorsed by the American
Heart Association (AHA) required within six months of
- Prior working experience with customers or patients
- Prior experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Proficient knowledge of the use of patient care
- Experience with telecommunication systems preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively preferred.
- Ability to multi-task preferred.
- Ability to deal with difficult or challenging customer
interactions and escalate to management as appropriate preferred.
Working at Nebraska Medicine means you're committing to meaningful,
impactful work that will elevate the success of your fellow
colleagues and will help our patients and their families feel
comfortable, confident and cared for.
Keywords: Nebraska Medicine, Omaha , Patient Resource Assistant, Other , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!