Construction Crew Lead
Company: Habitat for Humanity of Omaha
Posted on: March 19, 2023
Wage Starts at $17.75 per hour The Construction Crew Leader
reports directly to the Construction Superintendent and provides
leadership for house build project. This position is responsible
for leading groups and individual volunteers in the construction of
houses and property maintenance. Requirements Safety
- Maintain project safety in accordance with Habitat for Humanity
of Omaha Safety Policy and Procedure Manual and OSHA
- Ensure volunteer compliance with the project safety plan.
- In the event of an accident, determine if it is an emergency
and take the appropriate steps to ensure the safety of the
individual, i.e., dial 911 if necessary and fill out an accident
form in all cases. Volunteers
- Teach and lead volunteer groups on a daily/weekly basis as
- Ensure that volunteers and family partners have a great
- Provide work assignments and instruction for volunteers.
- Oversee the construction of the project in accordance with the
plans, specifications, HFHO, current edition of the IRC, and
accepted industry standards of practice.
- Maintain and protect all tools, equipment, and materials while
on the jobsite.
- Maintain a clean worksite.
- Ensure quality work per HFHO s Standards Manual Cost
- Practice good stewardship with HFHO s resources.
- Maintain assigned vehicle in good working order by coordination
of service with the Construction Coordinator.
- Responsible for the maintenance and security of all assigned
- Return tools to the proper storage location on a daily basis.
- Assist the Construction Superintendent in meeting the project
- Keep the Construction Superintendent informed of any conditions
that negatively affect the build. Project Organization &
- Maintain good communication and harmonious relationships with
other all HFHO staff, departments, and projects.
- View your HFHO email account at least once per day. SUPERVISORY
- This position has no supervisory responsibilities
QUALIFICATIONS To perform the job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each previously stated duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skills, and ability necessary to succeed as a Construction Crew
Leader. Education: A minimum of a high school degree, with some
college preferred. Experience: One year of construction experience
preferred. Prefer experience with framing, dry-walling, and finish
work. Experience leading groups or individuals. Skills: Individual
must be a good communicator and have the ability to adapt to
changing work conditions. The ability to work on a team is
critical. Must be able to read and interpret construction
documents. Strong team leadership skills are needed. Computer
literacy is necessary. A valid driver s license and excellent
driving record is essential. PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands
described here are representative of those met by the employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to stand, walk and sit, use their hands to finger, handle
and maneuver or feel objects, tools or controls. They must reach
with their hands and arms, climb or balance themselves; stoop,
kneel, crouch or crawl; must be able to talk and hear. The employee
must be able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds or more.
Vision requirements are that the employee must see well, either
naturally or with correction, and must have good peripheral vision.
The employee must be able to hear well either naturally or with
correction. WORK ENVIRONMENT The work environment characteristics
described here are representative of those an employee encounters
while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee
frequently works near heavy machinery. The employee will need to
adjust the work depending on the number of volunteers that arrive.
There is frequent exposure to wet, hot, cold and/or humid
conditions, rough terrain and a toxic environment. The employee
will predominantly be working outside. The noise level in the
working environment may be very loud. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY POLICY
Habitat for Humanity of Omaha (Habitat Omaha) actively recruits,
employs, trains, compensates employees regardless of race, color,
religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
gender, national origin, age, disability, genetics or veteran
status. In addition to federal law requirements, Habitat Omaha
complies with applicable state and local laws governing
nondiscrimination in employment in every location. This policy
applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including
workplace harassment. At Habitat Omaha, we have a clear vision to
be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come,
to stay, and to do their best work. Our vision is to see a world
where everyone has a safe, affordable place to live, and we know
our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate
and creative employees. Our dedication to promoting diversity,
multiculturalism and inclusion is clearly reflected in the work
that we do externally in the community, as well as internally with
our employment practices.
Keywords: Habitat for Humanity of Omaha, Omaha , Construction Crew Lead, Professions , Omaha, Nebraska
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...